1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always been attracted to guys, but questioning things

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bobby11, Apr 15, 2013.

1. bobby11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I've always been in my mind attracted to guys. I can look at a girl and think she is a good looking person but never thought I was attracted to her. I've been in various relationships with guys and enjoy it. I have always been very open with sexuality because many of my friends are lesbians on my team but I just have never considered myself one. It wasn't till recently where I met a girl who in my opinion I'm not physically attracted to but drawn to for some reason. I do have thoughts about wanting to try hooking up with her, but I don't know if it's just my curiosity or something more. Looking back I honestly don't find any girls attractive and I've only felt this feeling of been drawn to a girl maybe once or twice before. I'm just curious what this means because I've never hooked up with a girl before and I'm open to trying new things but I'm curious what this "being drawn to" this is. Like I feel like it is a personae they give off maybe, or their personality I am attracted to? But it's not the same with my friends where I think they are a nice person. This girl obviously has my mind lingering on her which isn't normal for just a friend, but I get this too when I'm into a guy.

2. Hot Pink

Honestly, I got this way over a guy last year. I wasn't physically or sexually attracted to him, but I was mentally and emotionally. It's how I discovered that I'm biromantic. Sometimes I'm attracted to people's minds and not their body. It can happen. It doesn't matter what your sexual orientation.

I've heard of a straight girl falling for a lesbian before. Just like I've heard of a lesbian falling for a guy. It's rare, but it happens. Not everyone is comfortable with their romantic attractions. It's hard to make a relationship without sexual attraction work, but it can happen. After all, there are asexual people who have romantic attractions still. They will often still find love.

As for myself, I couldn't overcome my lack of sexual attraction to him and neither could he. I really liked him, but it just wasn't enough. That isn't meant to discourage you, though. I think that you may be romantically attracted to both men and women and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe she could just be your exception. If this girl does interest you and you are attracted to her, try talking to her.

3. Cougar

Cougar Guest

There is something about women that makes you questioning your straight sexual identity.

It follows that you should try the lesbian route, don't you think so?

If it turns out that it is not for you, you can cross out bisexuality. :icon_wink