1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan-romantic Homosexual???

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sillyolme, Apr 16, 2013.

1. sillyolme

Okay, sorry to be a bother, constantly changing etc etc. I originally said, I am Pansexual, then realised I don't get sexually attracted often, so changed to Panromantic Homosexual. However, recently I have been getting increasingly attracted to girls (the attraction to boys, very, very rare) I think possibly as I learn to accept my sexuality. But, does this exist? I mean, I'm still of the opinion that Gender shouldn't make a difference to who I fall in love with, but isn't Pan mean't to be completely un-bias to Gender? I guess, if someone had feminine traits or if someone was trans.. I just feel slightly guilty for telling people "Yes, this is what I am" and then discovering I'm wrong...

*edit: Also, I don't have any issues in kissing a guy. I just don't feel sexually attracted to them

#1 sillyolme, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. Valeyard

Romantic attraction and physical attraction are two different things. Yes, it's easily possible to be pan-romantic and homosexual. Just because you love someone doesn't require/mean that you're sexually attracted to them. Labels are, for the most part, what you see yourself as. It doesn't matter if someone else says it's possible. It's enough that you say it is.

3. sillyolme

Thanks :slight_smile: (is it okay if I steal this quote? It's kinda beautiful and amazing :grin:) I think, me being "attracted" to some guys is kinda fake for me.. Like telling myself, "this is what society class as hot. I should be attracted to them"

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2013 at 09:14 PM ----------

Did I say Panromantic Homosexual? I meant Grey-Ace Pan-Romantic.. But, anywho.. Doesnt particularly matter now :lol:

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Dewthulu put it accurately and eloquently. You can best identify what you feel, never mind what society considers appropriate. And yes, sexual and romantic attraction don't have to be to the same gender(s).

5. Hot Pink

Welcome to the panromantic club! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Ditto.

7. sillyolme

I was already a panromantic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Right before easter, was pansexual,then abou a week later said it was panromantic grey ace and now its panromantic homosexual. I feel really bad for changing so much though... I tell my friends, this is what I am now and now its changed again.. I guess Ive kinda been refining it. Gone from I have no clue, to bisexual, to pansexual, to panromantic grey ace, to panromantic homosexual *sigh*

8. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Don't. The terms can be confusing. Also some people think they're 100% straight until they meet that one person of the same sex.
    There's nothing wrong about chaning the label, as long as you're being honest about it.

I've come out to my parents and several friends as bisexual. This is because pansexual/romantic and demisexual are virtually unknown around here. Also a lot of straight people don't see the distinction.

9. sillyolme

Also, with the not being attracted to guys and still kissing them, I guess its kinda like someone who is asexual.. I think. I mean, I have a fwb and it doesn't feel WRONG. It just feels like there's nothing there... Not too sure how that's gonna be when I've experienced something with girls though..

10. Hot Pink

Honestly, I've always liked kissing guys and being held by them. That's as far as that goes, though.