1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the Bi Sexuals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wardrobe93, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Wardrobe93

Hi,

For a while I've thought I was gay, and when I thought about women I thought it was... forceful, an achievement, just something to fit in.

But as I learnt to accept it I realise every feeling, every attraction is natural. I've learnt to accept myself.

Anyway the other day on a night out I was dancing with a girl and I was attracted to her in all sorts of ways. :wink:

I know this means I'm bi but I have definately gone through times of only being attracted to men.

Any Bi's out there change their mind for lengthy periods of time?

Plus I wish I was either gay or straight. It seems simpler. As it is undoubtable I believe a straight lifestyle and a gay lifestyle are two completely different. ie: Marriage kids etc.
    I wouldnt mind either lifestyle, but the confusion over both is agonising and also sort of, undocumented (Theres a lot of Gay and straight couples/people in tv shows, but BI sexuality is unheard of and people I know have said (jokingly) that they are 'greedy')

Answers to any of this would be much appreciated as well as anyone who feels they're in the same boat,

Wardrobe93 :grin:

2. catatonie

Ha, oh yeah.
    When I was a teenager I was repulsed by guys. But I was in that sort of repression limbo where you know something excites you and you refuse to accept it.
    After I accepted it and started seeing a guy, I did identify as gay, and honestly thought I must be, because the feelings were really immense.
    Recently I just take the attractions as they come, there's really no discernible pattern.

3. LailaForbidden

This happened to me, too. All the signs in my early teenage years pointed to not having an attraction to men, and i did identify as gay for a while. But attractions to men started cropping up and... here I am.

And I totally get how it seems easier to be gay or straight. I still wish I was sometimes. Internalized biphobia is a bitch. But we are who we are, you know?

Anyway, good luck. :thumbsup:

4. moonwillow

I've always been in relationships with men and I can get emotionally involved with one no problem and sex was alright but not earth moving. Even though I have known since I was 14 or so that I liked girls too, I just went with it because it was "easier" to be straight. Turns out it was pretty awful doing the supposedly easier thing. Maybe it was the guy I married (now divorced) or maybe it was me. I'm now wondering if I was actually bi at all or if I'm actually a lesbian. Maybe I'm just having a more gay phase after my more straight phase. Who knows *shrugs*.

5. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    im as bi as they come... love women and men ... i only started exploring sexual things with guys this year and boy have i missed out on alot all these years :grin:

sexually i lean towards girls and have only dated girls... guess what im trying to say is maybe your bi but lean towards guys more than chicks?

6. Linthras

Linthras Guest

It varies with people, like so many other aspects.
    Some people get equally attracted to women and men.
    Some more to one gender than the other.
    Yet other people switch around throughout their lives.
    What matters is that you follow your heart and conscience!

*Edit. To answer your question: yes, by what you describe you are a bisexual. And remember there's no such thing as a bad bisexual.

7. chanelbelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank god! I'm a lesbian or so I think but I find that I can be totally attracted to a guy...I know I love women but I'm starting to find men more attractive as I get older. I know I like women more but when it really comes down to it, it's hard to compare the two because they are so different. my biggest fear is that if I chose to be with a man I would be missing something but again men & women are so different. everyone says go with the flow and I always laugh! being bisexual is more confusing than anything! it's like you can't trust your brain...."am I really attracted to this person?" or am I just trying to be? and if I am....how much? oh god, story of my life.

8. theMaverick

I'm more into guys than girls, and I have previously wondered if I was gay, then decided I was bisexual. Now, as far as labels go (ugh) I'm going with gay, as it's generally more descriptive of how I feel, but I still see beautiful women out there all the time. I've gone back and forth on bi vs gay more times than I care to remember. Also, I understand about wanting to be gay or straight instead of bisexual, as in the middle it gets kind of muddy with both sexes flopping around.

In the interest of full disclosure, I consider myself a Kinsey 5. Mostly for men, still feel attraction to women as well.

9. Musician

Yeah, it's been interesting for me. I started out the opposite as you, Wardrobe. I thought I was straight, but I got involved with my girlfriend, but something was a little off (not too much though, probably). Nevertheless, there is no way I can disregard all those years of being seriously aroused by women, and not really feeling it for men. I'm sure it must have been internalized homophobia. Anyway, there are times now I feel strong attraction to women, but also more attracted to men. It's kinda weird, I can't describe it. Anyway, I feel about a Kinsey 3.5 at this time. I'm still working it out, I'm planning on experimenting, and I will see where it all takes me. Maybe it will all calm down, and I will be able to take all my attractions and just be like a cool cat about it. I still am turned on by women, but at this time, in general, I have some leanings to men.