1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Confusion. (Sort of.)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by HeartBeats, Apr 18, 2013.

1. HeartBeats

HeartBeats Guest

Since I moved out of my mom's house almost three years ago, I've really gotten to know who I really am. When I was living with my mom, I couldn't really be myself. Not that my mom didn't accept me for being a lesbian or anything like that, it was more of I wasn't accepting myself and I felt in my heart that I wasn't the ideal daughter because I am gay.

But anyway..

I'm a little confused on my gender. This is all very confusing for me. But maybe you wonderful people can help me out. I like my body. I don't mind my boobs or my vagina. So I'm pretty sure I'm not transgender. It's all mental I think. I don't see myself as feminine but I also don't see myself as masculine. I guess I'm in the middle? I dress like a girl but not a girly girl. I hate dresses and hate wearing heels. I'm more of a jeans and tshirt type of girl. I would probably say the only things that are girly about me is I like doing my hair and I take time with it and I also wear makeup. Just eyeliner, mascara and nail polish. I always liked guy clothes but I never thought about wearing men clothing. I always thought I wouldn't look right in them. Um, I like somewhat baggy shirts and comfortable fitting jeans.

I don't know if that helps but lately I feel like I don't belong in the masculine or feminine category.

I've heard about androgynous but never looked into until today. I have a feeling I might be that but I'm not completely sure.

Any advice would be helpful.

:slight_smile:

-A.

2. Hexagon

There are a number of terms for those who don't fit completely into the male/female categories. Agender, genderqueer, genderfluid, pangender, bigender, trigender, androgynous, neutrois (someone who transitions to a gender neutral state).

Research them, see if they feel like they fit.

3. Eli

Eli Guest

It sounds like you might fit into a more androgynous role. The great thing about androgyny is the ability to switch presentation based on how you feel at that time. There's a large degree of fluidity and space to do you in whatever way feels comfortable.

Hexagon listed some of the terms androgynous people use to describe the way they feel. Probably the more common ones are genderqueer, androgyne, or bigender. I'd also suggest you look up them and see if they could apply.

4. HeartBeats

HeartBeats Guest

Thank you both for the advice and I'm pretty sure now that I'm androgynous. :slight_smile: