1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian, preference for girls or just a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tigerlily, Apr 18, 2013.

1. tigerlily

Out Status:
    Some people
    I identify as bisexual. It seems so natural for me to like both sexes, and the idea of being a lesbian seems kind of weird to me as I can imagine being with a guy.
    Well I don't know, it's complicated. I have attraction to both sexes, but I go through phases as I think other bisexuals do too. The thing is that I most frequently go through girl phases. I think emotionally I am more attracted to girls maybe, but physically it's pretty much exactly equal. However I am also emotionally attracted to guys, but less.

I don't even know how to explain this because I'm so confused inside my own head. If asked what my sexuality was, I would say bisexual. If asked if I had a preference, I would say no it's pretty equal. However, I go through girl phases a lot more often than boy phases and can imagine being in a relationship with a girl more than with a boy. When I think in my head that I might have a preference for girls or be a lesbian, I then immediately think "no, but boys...".

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if this really was just frequent girl phases, I wouldn't even be posting this, but it's basically a preference for girls but with boys still there in the back of my head for the majority of the time, and every few months a week or couple of weeks where I prefer boys.

Do you think that I can still be equally attracted to both genders but just be going through a really long girl phase? Is this a feeling that's likely to last? It's just that ever since I started really identifying as bisexual, I've thought about girls a lot (since about a year ago).

I'm just going to stop typing now because really all I'm doing is going round in circles. I'm sorry if this makes absolutely no sense.

2. Mysz

You don't have to be completely lesbian or completely bisexual, there's places in between... I would guess that you're more attracted to girls, but can be sexually attracted to guys too; it just happens less often. You possibly have a preference, but if the right guy comes skipping down the block, then your brain goes 'Why not?' :icon_bigg