1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outward Bound?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Renny, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Renny

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi

I'm a woman in her late 20's and have recently realised that I may be a lesbian. Last year I had a thing for my zumba instructor (still do truth be told) to the point of day dreaming about being her girlfriend.

Since I was in secondary school I've liked things which have lesbian themes (TV/books/music - I even wrote a short story about a lesbian)

I've had small crushes on various girls since secondary school but I never really thought anything of it until last year. This year I watched 'Heading Out' and got a really big thing for Sue Perkins, again day dreaming about being her girlfriend, which got me thinking and made me ask the question.

I've never had a serious relationship with a guy and I find them really uncomfortable to be around if it's in a romantic way. I also know that I'm more attracted to womens bodies than mens.

The thing is I'm not sure what to do to find out if I'm a lesbian or just ..... I don't know. I don't want to talk to my friends about this because I'm not sure about anything. I have a couple of lesbian friends and wondered about talking to them about it but I'm quite shy about talking about my love life and would be embarrassed.

Any advice on what I should do to try and sort out what's happening.

Thanks

2. Cougar

Cougar Guest

It is really nice that you know that! Only you can know what is good for you.

Do you have a problem with the label 'lesbian'? Because already know that you WANT WOMEN. That is important. How you label yourself and what others do is not so important.

You really have to learn to talk about your love life as fluently as you talk about your hobbies.

Whenever you have a problem, ask the experts first, in this case your lesbian friends.

Be courageous and look forward to your first female lover! :icon_wink