1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for online support

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bottleupexplode, Apr 23, 2013.

1. bottleupexplode

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I'm not new to the forum and have another account but it was with a fake email address and I can't for the life of me remember either the address or the account name (sorry admins) so I created a new one.

I'm mid 20s, british living in London and have been living life as a confident straight man until this point, occasionally having doubts but addressing/buryig them without ever really settling them. I've decided I am fed up of this and need to actively tackle whatever is going on in my head, so I decided to tell some people. I think I'm in a very lucky situation in a lot of ways in that I have had a lot of gay friends in my life in the past (although actually not so many now) and that I think the majority of my friends will be supportive (if maybe a little surprised). However, it's still a process that I'm going to take slowly, even though its tempted just to blow it all out. I find men very attractive but I am unsure in what way and don't think I'll know unless I do a bit more hands on research on the matter.

So after years of telling nobody I told 2 people. Firstly a friend who is gay and who came out to me before he told anyone else. I figured I'd return the favour. The second was a female friend who I've had a kind of relationship with in the past but I don't speak to so often now. Both reactions were surprised but supportive as I knew they would be. Best to get the easy ones out of the way first. Now I feel in a position where I can talk to them a bit about things instead of letting it boil up inside me. What I would like from you lovely people are people that I can talk to one on one. I feel you get more out of it than replies to a forum post. I really like conversation anyway so I am more than happy to make as many friends on here as possible, but the closer people are to my situation the more useful I think I will find it, so the more I would love you to message me! And my situation is this - definitely some same sex attraction, although still sexually attracted to girls as well. Although the more I think about it, the more I doubt that I havee an emotional attraction to girls. I guess I will discover that in time. So I guess that makes me bisexual, but wanting to discover what the gay side of that means. Also, as I'm just in the process of coming to terms with it, if you are a similar age to me, or younger/older but in a similar position, please get in touch!

Also, if you just want someone to talk to, I am completely here for you. I think this forum is a great place to get to know yourself better so I hope this might add to that. I hope to hear from some of you soon!

E x

2. Praetor

Hi, bottleupexplode!

Although I'm not on as much as I have been in the past, I'd be willing to chat. For the longest time I, too, was convinced I was straight. This year I have kept my New Year's Resolution and have come out to several people - one of which is now my boyfriend! Coming out is something I'm still in the process of doing, so I can definitely relate to any such situation.

It is good to remember that sexuality is on a spectrum, and that many people don't fit into a simple "gay or straight" category. Personally, I don't fit into this so I describe myself as bisexual since I still have some attraction to women. You might feel the same way. I suggest reading up on the Kinsey scale (if you haven't already), which is a way to rate your opposite and same sex attraction.

3. nikom87

Welcome back bottleupexplode :smilewave

I hope you feel like this is a good, welcoming place to explore your sexuality more. I concur with Praetor about looking into the Kinsey scale when you are doing your research.

You are welcome to write on my wall if you ever want to talk :slight_smile:

4. Kyllani

Welcome back to EC!

You will find many supportive people here. If you would like to talk anytime, feel free to write on my wall as well. I welcome new friends!