1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty sure I'm Bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FunyunsNCoffee, Apr 25, 2013.

1. FunyunsNCoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Over the past two years or so, I've been reassessing myself after 21-22 years of considering myself straight. And after looking at the facts (that I'm sexually aroused by both men and women, and can see myself with a man even though I prefer women) I would have to come to the conclusion that I'm bi. I realized that if I was completely honest with myself I couldn't consider myself straight.

And while I accepted the possibility,if not certainty, at face value a good several months ago, it's like I'm still conflicted. Because it feels so sudden (this has been happening within the past three years) it feels like I'm having trouble truly accepting it. I guess I'm so hung up on stories of people knowing since they were much younger that people would think my story isn't genuine.

I guess I need help on coming to terms and accepting this. It's lot to accept after so many years of thinking you're something else.

2. jdeb1992

I am 20 and only went through the questioning phase of bi last year. While I have accepted it in my head, and have told a few people (not many at all) I still keep a purely straight image. Just take it slowly. I believe you. I see men and women as equally sexually attractive, but in different ways (hard to explain.) Just be careful who you come out to. I came out to a lbgt supporter and she shrugged it a phase... Good luck man!

3. jargon

I think lots of bi people take a long time to realize they aren't' 100% straight. I first felt attraction to a guy about the same time I started with girls, first felt conflicted about my sexuality around 17, and only realized I was bi about a year and a half ago. It's just so easy to give in to the pressure to be straight when you ARE attracted to the opposite sex anyways.

I still feel a little unsure once in a while. What helps me is hearing from other bi people I know, about how they fluctuate from time to time in who they're attracted to and how similar that is to what I experience. Having supportive friends who I'm out to is huge too, and its a blessing to live in a part of the country where the average person is at leats moderately LGBT-friendly.

4. FunyunsNCoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Talking to other bi people. . . That could actually work.