1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perplexing Identity

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mildmannered, Apr 27, 2013.

1. mildmannered

( This isn't really a rant- or much of anything, but it's nice to spread my cyberwings for a while and write. )

So, I'm in 8th grade (going to highschool next year) and have yet to solidify an orientation. I feel like two people, a lot of the time. I have my straighter self, and my gayer one. I spend way too much time thinking about it, obviously. I look at guys, and admire them openly with my friends.. but I can never imagine it going anywhere, or progressing a relationship. When I'm with guys, I feel gross and self conscious. I feel inadequate, and I hate that feeling. That being said, there are no girls that spark an interest. I do like girls, there is an iminent attraction to the same sex, but I don't find many people attractive.. and that makes me wonder if I'm straight and in denial, or if I'm forcing it when I do check out a girl.

I drive myself crazy thinking about it, really. I went to the store today with my mom and little sister, and saw a (quite obviously) gay couple... My heart swelled, and I was so happy. I felt proud, which is a lot to say for me. They just looked so happy, it's like that feeling when you see an old couple. It's very sweet. Where I live, it's kind of a big deal to be gay, or anything really. The population is very static, white, etc. Which I never noticed, before going on a school trip to Washington, DC. It was so interesting to see so many different people, it was quite unlike anything I had seen before. There was so much culture.. (to me anyway..)

Well, I have gone off on a tangent, so I think I will end my post before I tell my life's story. Is this typical? To be so avidly interested, yet confused, to say the least? :icon_redf

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, pretty typical.

3. Priiiide

Totally normal hun.

Feel free to ask other questions!