1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for a possibly bisexual...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Haigirlhai, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Haigirlhai

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have trouble believing I'm actually bisexual. It's not because I don't want to be, not because I don't like LGBT people, but because I don't feel I have *enough* experience to say I'm bisexual. I would consider my self. I'm just not sure cause I've never actually dated someone of the same gender.

I think back a lot to when I was younger and I feel like there were a few…signs that were there. I only have experience with girls. I remember around ages 9 or 10 going to a sleepover and we were playing truth or dare. I dared my friend to kiss my other friend. One of the girl's refused to. The other one was like, “It's no big deal. Me and my friend do it all the time.” I remember being like, “I want to do something like that...” So I volunteered to kiss her. And I did. Another time, it was my last day at this day care place (same age) and one of my friend's came to say goodbye to me for the last time. She ran up to me and kissed me. They weren't bad. But they're the only people I've ever kissed so it's not like I've have much to compare them to.

A couple years ago, I really liked this one girl. A lot of people like her and she can get anyone she wants. I used to hope we'd kiss *so* bad. And I'd just want to cuddle with her. I used to get jelous when this other friend would try and hog her. Other things too... I never realized until last year that I'm bisexual until last year. All of the thoughts and feelings I've experienced kinda just came and left. It wasn't until another friend came out to me last year that all these things I'm saying now actually stuck with me and made me think.

I've been with a few guys. Never becomes anything cause it never lasts over a week. I don't feel emotionally (?) connected to guys. It's hard to talk to them and I don't imagine them the same ways I do as girls. And it always shocks me that I've been “with” a few guys and the most experience I've ever had is with girls.

And I have had a couple of sexual dreams about these two girls at my school…Is that normal? They are weird cause it has a girl I kinda like in one and and this girl I dislike in both...

Sorry for my story. I just needed to tell someone. And if anyone has any advice or comments, that would be awesome. :slight_smile:

2. GhostOfRazgriz

You don't have to be sorry about telling your story. Everyone here has a story, and part of the reason we're here is to share them. :slight_smile: Don't worry, there's nothing abnormal about you.

And just because you've never had much experience with either gender doesn't mean you're not bisexual. This is coming from a person who has never been on a date before or kissed a person who wasn't a family relative.

It's all about sexual attraction. It's pretty clear you're attracted to girls. And you said that the reason you're unsure is because you haven't dated anyone of the same gender, but if you're attracted to them, you're bisexual.

I hope my advice helps. Good luck!

3. Haigirlhai

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay thank you! Sometimes I have to reassure myself and your comments really helped :slight_smile:

4. hiddenxrainbows

GhostOfRazgriz is right. You don't have to have experience to know you're sexual orientation. That's like saying that a person doesn't know they're straight until they have experience dating and such. And no one ever bothers questioning straight people.

You don't have to have experience. It's just what you feel inside. And if you think about kissing girls and such, then you're most likely attracted to girls. But if you still think about guys, then you're probably bisexual.

Just try not to let the experience thing bother you too much. For some people, experimenting and gaining experiences can help figure out who they are, but it don't have to define YOU, if you don't want it to. I've had multiple boyfriends and had sex with two guys, but I've never dated a girl and barely ever did anything with one either. But I still know I'm bi, because I think girls are hot! Lol

5. Haigirlhai

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you. Your right. It didn't really make sense to assume you have to have experience.

I feel embarrassed about my illogical thinking. >.<

6. hiddenxrainbows

Ooh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you feel stupid or embarrassed or anything like that! Or like you don't know what you're talking about. Don't worry about it. No one can be an expert about everything. Especially about stuff like this. Sexual orientation can take a while to understand. Everyone's a noob at first haha and no one can define things for yourself better than you. No one agrees perfectly on everything. And it's nice to ask advice from others, but never forget your own thoughts or feelings.

If the inexperience is really bothering you, then maybe try working on it a little bit. Granted, don't look too desperate or whore-like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but maybe try finding someone to date or get a little closer to. There's nothing wrong with "experimenting" a bit. Just make sure you don't rush or force yourself. Follow your heart and do whatever feels right for you ^_^

7. Haigirlhai

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol it's okay. I didn't feel *that* stupid. And I won't be whore-ish.

8. hiddenxrainbows

Well don't feel stupid, cuz you aren't.

And I mean, if you really wanted to, I guess that's up to you XD lol I just don't want you to think you have to PROVE that you're bi, or anything else. Because as long as you FEEL that you are, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, or how much experience you have, or whatever other stupid reason. You are who you are; you don't need to prove that to anyone.

Also, it might take a little while before you know for sure who you are, whether it be sexual orientation or something else, and with or without experience. It usually just takes some time, at least for a lot of people. But don't worry. It'll get easier as time goes on. You'll learn more about yourself and who you are. And if you ever need anyone to talk to, about anything, you can PM me or something anytime. If you want to angrily vent about something, even, I'd be happy to help lol

9. Haigirlhai

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I get what your trying to say xD

And if I ever need to say anything I'll let you know. I guess the same for you. :slight_smile:

10. hiddenxrainbows

Well thank you! ^_^ I just like helping people, especially ones I can relate to. I don't want anyone to feel like they're alone.

11. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi Haigirlhai,

yeah the other guys are right... experience has nothing to determne your sexuality. like straight and gay... some of them are virgins but they know that they are straight or gay... just like that...

also, i used to be in the same boat as you minus the experience bit **stares down**
    i was always into girls ALWAYS and 6yrs ago i realized i liked dudes too (not emotionally just sexually) and just this year started experiementing with guys (yup took me this long i know lol) anywho, out of nowhere i started liking some guy and now im seeing him.

so my point is... you dont have to do anything with anyone to determine your sexuality...if you like girls and boys then your bi most bi's (like me till recently) preffer once gender and there is a possiblity that might be you too

so dont be hard on yourself keep your head up and smile and one day you'll get that girl or guy that make you crazy lol

Good Luck