1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cynder, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Cynder

Hi guys, I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but I was wondering if anyone wants to help me with a name. I have never really chosen a name to use while passing. I like more oldish names, particularly old English, but some others. I'm thinking maybe Oakley?
    Here are some other names I like:
    Dell
    Bridge
    Godric
    Harlow
    Wyatt
    Landon
    Lane
    Langley
    Lye
    Stone
    Vance
    Walker
    Whittaker

I can't get any pictures to work, so if you want to see me look in my album Ehhhh XP (I have no idea why they are all upside down. Sorry)

#1 Cynder, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. Hexagon

Oakley sounds good. Its rare, but interesting. And it has a tree in it :slight_smile:

When choosing a name, there are several things to consider.
    Would you feel comfortable using it?
    Does it feel like you?
    Would it draw too much attention to you? (if you think this is a problem. with transpeople, as we choose our own names, sometimes the names we choose can be so rare that too much attention is draw to us when we don't want it. for example, a guy named Alyster now thinks Alister might have been a better idea)
    Is it easy for others to pronounce? (if its particularly difficult, there is even less incentive for people to start using it)
    [optional] Do you like the meaning of the name? (largely irrelevant, but if you are having trouble narrowing down the perfect name, this can be a fun way. I chose my name this way. Alexander means 'defender of humanity', which I like :slight_smile:)

So what you should do is take your list and remove the ones that you answer 'no' to, until you have the best ones. It isn't just a case of whether you like a name, but whether it feels like you.

3. Exoskeleton

I do like the sound of Oakley. I've never heard it before, but it still doesn't strike me as strange, which is good. :slight_smile:

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Out of the list you gave, my favorites are Landon, Lane, Lye and Walker. :slight_smile:

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I like Oakley and Harlow

6. Cynder

Oh, by the way, my middle name is Thorne, and I was thinking ill probably just keep that as it is unisex enough. So.....:slight_smile:

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Vance, myself.

8. Cynder

I like it too. My Grandpas name is Vance :slight_smile:

9. hiddenxrainbows

Hexagon's right.

I really like the name Landon, though.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oakley's not bad and I'm actually kind of liking Lye and Landon, as well. But it's whatever sticks out to you, because after all, you'll be stuck with it. :wink: