1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay but now Straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tryhtwfr, Apr 29, 2013.

1. tryhtwfr

Well I knew I was Gay ever since the age of 8 and I have only accepted now, at 16. However, I recently started talking to a girl who liked me before and suddenly I have feelings for her? Even before talking to her again, the past month or so my sex drive has lowered and I don't feel the need to masturbate just to relieve my sexual desires. Now I'm really confused because I think I'm straight but I don't want to be? But someone who I find hot likes me is making me like them back and making me think I'm Straight? However, I've kind of grown with this gay personality that I have even though I act as masculine as possible, something suggest to people I'm Gay so even if I am straight then this persona will follow me. However, I don't want to not be Gay?

2. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Do you have sexual feelings for her? Or do you like her in a platonic way?

3. tryhtwfr

I like her in a platonic way but I haven't had sex with a girl before so I don't know if I have any sexual feelings or not, if that makes any sense?

4. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Usually, you know beforehand. There is nothing wrong with experimenting. I think you need to try to imagine yourself actually going through with it first and see how those thoughts register. Take some time getting to know her and see if those platonic feelings turn more intimate/sexual.

5. Hot Pink

You're 16, so your sexual orientation is still a bit fluid. Also, liking one girl shouldn't cause you to have an identity crisis. I've liked two guys before and I still know I'm a lesbian. Sexual orientation just isn't as cut and dry as people like to think. It's super complex and exceptions can happen rarely.

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're a guy and attracted to guys, you're not straight. The question is whether you're gay or bi.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not attracted to her, like imagining having sex with her or your mind doesn't automatically go to "damn she fine" (lol) I'm pretty sure you're still gay. You MIGHT be bi though too it's hard to say.

8. Only you can answer what your identity is...if you want to be in a relationship with her why not try it out? Just be honest about your intentions though so nobody gets hurt if things don't work out.