1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Priiiide, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Priiiide

Is sexual attraction usually something you just know? Do you feel just feel drawn to a person? Want to be around them etc?

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2013 at 01:52 PM ----------

I'm curious because there are days where I question whether I have attraction to men but with women I feel so certain without even thinking about it!

2. wrhla

wrhla Guest

It's a strange thing. I find women very attractive and feel a certain erotic charge around some. Less so with men. And that's what confused me for a long, long time: How could I be gay if I was attracted to women more than men?

I wish I had an easy explanation, but I don't and so it has taken me forever to confront the fact that I'm gay. I just finally realized that my attraction to women wasn't an expression of my true sexuality. To be fair to myself, I am almost certainly bi, but I find that by simply identifying as gay and accepting that has made everything so much easier. I don't have to keep explaining things to myself.

Sexual desire is a mystery and trying to figure it all out is probably a fool's errand. Just go with the tingly feeling you get around someone. That's probably the best guide.

3. Priiiide

That's so fascinating! Have you tried to experiment with women? Be in relationships with them?

4. wrhla

wrhla Guest

I'm married to one. Been together 30 years. Before that I had several girlfriends. I enjoyed straight sex. But I also wanted to have sex with men. Now I want to have sex almost exclusively with men. So I wonder about whether that was always true and I was just too repressed, or if my sexual orientation has changed.

Feel free to read some of my initial posts where I go into more detail about all this.

5. Priiiide

Yeah thanks, will do. Sexuality is just so fascinating and complex. I love hearing different stories!

6. sillyolme

I kinda base my attraction on how they look. Guys look nice and all (or some, at least) but I very rarely say that they look "Hot" where as with girls, I feel an attraction, and attraction is very much the right word to use, as sometimes I have to force myself to look away. No one wants to be caught looking at someone else's boobs XD

However, whether or not it is SEXUAL attraction, I honestly have no idea. The most of an urge I've had is the urge to kiss (and that was a very powerful urge) But then again, I have had no experience with girls.. At all