1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian or Bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Panda Sparkle, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Panda Sparkle

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi throughout my teenage years I thought I was completely straight.
    Even when I had thoughts about kissing my best friend as a teenager I never considered that it was gay, I justified to myself that it would add an interesting dynamic to our friendship. Plus we always thought we would be friends forever so who needs a boyfriend.

During my first year of high school I noticed that all of my friends had crushes on celebrities and would talk about which boys they liked. I simply assumed I wasn't ready to date and thought I hadn't met the right person. When I was asked which guys I was attracted to I would respond that I wasn't interested in any of the guys at the school, my friends thought that was weird and said I must be a lesbian. I was indignant. I was highly insulted that they would even say that about me.

During my senior years of high school I still was not attracted to any of the guys around me and simply assumed that I would meet someone eventually and love would hit me. However since I was blonde, blue eyed, with large boobs and was short. I was considered attreactive to the guys and was consistently asked out by guys a lot. Mainly because I get hit on by old men a lot I formed the opinion that guys who like me are perverts.

Because I thought that the guys who liked me were complete perverts anybody that confessed to me or hinted that they liked me instantly lost my respect and to be honest I instantly rejected them and treated them badly.

Thoughout high school people still would say that since I had no interest in guy I was a lesbian.
    Once I entered university I met several of my closest friends who are gay and I feel very close to them.

It was only last year when I changed university courses to one that is primarily taken by women that I slowly started to realise my attraction. It was a slow realisation over three terms. My first term I was embaressed to realise that I couldn't stop looking at my lab partners chest across the table. This was a shock to me and I studiously looked everyone in the face for that term. During my second term I became close friends with the girl that I kept checking out during labs and thought it was really strange when I was dissapointed to hear that she had a boyfriend. Third term it finally hit me that maybe I wasn't straight. And now it has almost been half a year since that discovery and I realise that I like girls.

I feel comfortable with the idea of dating a girl, when I agreed to date one of my friends who I thought I could learn to like, he was reasonably attractive. I felt like I had made the worst mistake ever. Like I had condemned the world kind of feeling and spent the rest of the week trying to break up with him. I haven't tried to date anyone since because I didn't want to put myself in that position again.

My question is do I even like boys, but I have to right since I spent 21 years of my life believing I was straight. Sorry if this was mlong and confusing, I am not sure what to put down. I will clarify on anything if you have questions.

2. Cougar

Cougar Guest

Not a tragedy if you start your homosexual career NOW. :icon_wink LESBIAN, not bisexual. Read the other posts, the exact same question is asked here at least once a day. Best of luck!

3. leslly

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to say my story is very similar to yours. When I started questioning myself, I was lucky that my best friend (and my crush) was a lesbian, so I was able to confide in her. Maybe you should talk out the way you feel and your thoughts with one of your gay friends. And if that makes you a bit weary, go to your university's lgbt center (hopefully there is one) or the counseling center.
    The only real advice I can give you is to take it slowly. I know how shocking it can be to find out who you thought you were isn't actually you, but just remember to be patient and kind with yourself.