1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unknown128, May 2, 2013.

1. Unknown128

Sorry if its long and stuff and some of it probably doesnt even fit this category.

Im 15 and havent been in a relashionship yet. I remember when i was really young like preschool i had a crush on another girl but then when we went to kindergarten it went away and i had a crush on my friend in my kindergarten class who was a boy and my friends younger brother (im a girl if you didnt know). So about when i was 9 or 10 i had a crush on another boy in my class but that went away and then i had a little crush on one of my girl friends but that went away. now at 15 i have a really big crush on my other girl friend. Im not sure of her sexuality since she is very touchy and stuff we me. I think all my friends suspect im gay and i kiss my friend who i like on the head a lot i dont know how many of my other friends have seen me do this but yep. Another one of my friends also seems to like her because shes all she talks about and stuff and she follows her everywhere and licks her face which the friend doesnt like but shes in love with youtube boys so people think shes straight and im just confised by her and no i would never like her shes just not my type. Well i really like that friend as i said and i know i like her as more than a friend but i have never been in a relashionship with a boy so im not sure if im bisexual or lesbian or even straight. The friend i like is also obsessed with jennifer lawrence but then she talks about hot guys too but i have a feeling she might be gay but am i bisexual or lesbian. Its been driving me crazy and i would come out to her but im just not sure since ive never been in a relashionship with a guy :bang:

2. J Snow

Sexuality is not black and white. There aren't perfect little boxes of "straight," "gay," and "bi" we all fall into. Think of it more like taste in music. Let's say men are rock music, and women are rap music. Some people like rock and rap does nothing for them. For some people the opposite is true. Most people probably have a preference for one or the other, but that doesn't mean they can't appreciate the other to a lesser degree.

Sexuality is a lot like that. Just like who you like and try not to worry too much about labels. My sexuality only made sense to me one I realized that I didn't need to understand it. I'm happy with my wibbly wobbly sexual orientation. I know that doesn't answer your question per se, but that's my experience with sexual orientation. If you decide to delve further into it anyway, I wish you luck, but I think that's something only you can know for sure (*hug*)

3. suninthesky

I can understand wanting to have a label because it might feel like it gives a sense of identity. I was like that too. Currently, I identify as straight, but if somehow I end up being into a guy, whatever, I'll go for it, you know? I'm 19 and I haven't been in a relationship yet either, but I don't think that means anything. You can tell who you take a second glance at without going out with them. Learning about the Kinsey scale helped me some.

Bottom line, I agree with J Snow. I was in so much confusion, insecurity, etc, with no sense of identity. It was stressful and I felt out of place everywhere. somewhere along the line I decided to screw it and not care - my identity is human, and other words are just words. I understand it's really hard to think like that, but things got easier for me when I did.