1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I crave clarity.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tronix, May 3, 2013.

1. Tronix

Tronix Guest

Hey, people. Just having what one may call an identity crisis.

Since I was about seven years old, as well as weight-related bullying, I experienced a lot of marginalisation, because of my lack of masculine traits, and the fact all my friends were girls made it worse. My older brother and twin brother later joined in, and it seems it's just accepted that I am gay before someone even talks to me.

When, rather audaciously, guys ask if I am homosexual I can say no, because I do at least have sexual attraction towards women. In fact all of my best male friends have eventually turned out to be, to some extent, into guys; my current guy best mates are now in a relationship- they both believe I'm a closet gay, and I have explained that I know that I at least like both romantically, and I am hetero, though everyone tells me that if I tried sexual intercourse with a male, I would most likely open up to the possibility that I may be bisexual.

Of course, this is where the real problem is. I have been looking out there for experimental guys who I can mutually learn with, and take it only ass far as consented by both. My friends keep saying I should try it. All I've ever tried is holding hands, kissing, and snogging guys. That's fine, but my extremely young-looking face is quite a disadvantage.

Boring essay over...

What I really want to know is if there's a non-sexual way to enhance romantic exchanges with a guy; have any of you had a same-sex experimental partner to determine sexual orientation, just to confirm, and how did it conclude?

2. Niko

So you're sexually attracted to women, but are you sexually attracted to men? Cause from what I'm gathering with the information you have given, is that you are a Biromantic Heterosexual. Now that is quite the label; and as we all know, labels are labels. Just be who you are and love who you want to love. :slight_smile:

3. Tronix

Tronix Guest

Yes, I have been labelling myself a heterosexual biromantic for a time, but even for my friends, they still cannot get around the concept- I know labels are labels, but it's more of a simplicity issue- I want to be straight with people; whenever I say I am heterosexual biromantic, they tell me I'm "going around all the houses" to avoid answering. As my sexual and romantic orientation (as far as I know) are not totally aligned, I sometimes have to say heterosexual or bisexual, or people lose interest in what I say. People tend to think romance=sexual.

I'm more concerned with the fact that my friends, who have always taken it that I am bisexual for some reason, cannot understand me, just because, in the outside world, people just assimilate the two orientations into one.

4. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, what does your heart tell you?
    What does your head tell you?

5. Tronix

Tronix Guest

They both speak foreign languages. I just thought being here would help decipher it.

6. Tronix

Tronix Guest

Just to let you know I am grateful to you all for the help, even if it doesn't sound that way. :slight_smile:

7. Niko

Hmm well, all I can say is if you already understand who you are and what you're sexuality is, then they'll just have to come to grips with it eventually. I totally understand where you're coming from though, with how society thinks that romance=sexual. It's no different with how society thinks sex=gender.

I think you should just try to explain it to them. Educate them on how romance is different than sexual. Cause it sounds like you're pretty confident with the label you have given yourself. :slight_smile: So don't let someone else try to tell you that you're something you're not, especially when they're not educated on the topic.

8. Tronix

Tronix Guest

Aw, cheers, mate. I think I will just be open about the label. If they don't accept the possibility, I'll cross that bridge only when/ if it comes. Or just walk away. :icon_wink