1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

figuring it out

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by unsureandasking, May 5, 2013.

1. unsureandasking

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been talking to several of my lesbian friends and concluded that, yes, I am Gay, and yes, I need to talk to my future roommate before I move in to let her know what I am going through. I am planning to see her this weekend and talk to her then, any advice or insight into coming out to her would be helpful. I've come out to a few people and it's getting easier, but she's important to me. Not just as a future roommate/lover, but as a friend. Also, when we met I told her I was straight, although I hope at this point I have tripped her Gaydar.

2. Coming out as gay is difficult, I don't want to tell my mum at all but have told a friend that is cool with it. In my limited experience it helps if it is a friends (and it is a good idea to tell your roomate to make sure she's cool with it) it depends on how you want to take it, you can rip it off like a band aid and just say "Look before you move into the room, I'm going through a few things, i wanted to let you know that I'm gay" ive found its easier to say Gay than Lesbian.

Or you could build it up and ask her what she thinks of LGBT issues and then tell her, I'm not sure but the less long winded version seems simpler to me.