1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowing for sure?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Caudex, May 6, 2013.

1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I'm pretty sure I'm gay, but I have a sort of OCD thing where I can't come out to anyone (except the one person I'm out to) until I'm totally sure.
    I know that MRIs of gay men resemble those of straight women and vice versa. Do you think there is any way to test that (without an MRI, obviously) scientifically?
    Thanks!

2. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

It has not been proven that gay men's brains resemble that of women's. With such poor sampling sizes and also not knowing whether or not these brain structural similarities were caused before or after birth, I would not totally trust those studies.

3. Foxface

The problem I see here is this...

I don't think there is a scientific test that I would trust to tell me what I was or was attracted to. There may be someone here that can point you to a test, but in my time in psychology at both the bachelors and masters level I never came across an inventory or battery that would prove this to you

Think of your gut (which I know is hard for you)...what do you feel? What are aroused by? What attracts you?

good luck

Foxface