1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denial maybe??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ty3012, May 8, 2013.

1. Ty3012

Ive been wanting to post something for a while, but it took me forever to TRY and gather my thoughts. I apologize in advance if this is jumbled up, but if u can follow plz feel free to give me ur thoughts and opinions :help:. I'm 26 and not sure if i'm bi leaning more towards women or just gay. I don't want to come out gay and then somewhere down the line being with a guy (i hate the way that sounds:bang:slight_smile:

I find some guys attractive - I've probably even done a dbl take, but in the back of my head I'm not all that interested and I feel as though I'd be with a guy bc its whats my friends and fam would expect. growing up I liked guys, but I remember being in elem school and telling myself that I was gay bc I liked this girl. I had no idea y I liked her but I just concluded that I was gay simply bc I liked her. I went thru high school and college without crushing on females, but I would find them cute if that makes any sense. Lately I feel like I've come to the realization that I didn't want to be like a girl that I thought was cute - but I wanted to be WITH her. It's also kind of how I feel about guys but the opposite - I dont want to be with them but I want to be them (I envy that chivalrous role they're have with females but thats a completely diff post :eusa_doh:.

I dated a few guys in high school and college, now im single and driving myself crazy. I feel like all I do is think about being gay and being with another woman - not just sexually but emotionally...just being that special woman in another woman's life. My cousin has a female "friend" and I see how she is around her and I'm like thats what I want!!! I went to pick up lunch w a female coworker (not attracted to her) and felt like I should be opening the door and treating her to lunch, not bc of who she was but bc it felt like that was what I was supposed to do - be chivalrous toward a woman. AM I CRAZY for having these feelings?! :eek: I think I know what I truly am but I'm afraid of accepting it and how others will treat me when I let the cat out of the bag...and I think I'm in denial. I guess what I want to know is at what point or what happened to u when it finally clicked in ur head that u knew u were lgbt?? phew that was a lot but I feel better!!! :grin:

2. Lykos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You most certainly aren't crazy for having those feelings!

It clicked for me at an early age though I didn't express myself openly. I was always a rather shy, independent child and tried to handle things myself even when I was younger. I didn't come to accept that I was okay and not going through a phase until I was around twelve or so and discovered some forum or the other that basically said it was okay to be gay.

I asked my friend when she came to terms with liking women. She told me that as a kid she dated a lot of boys because her feelings confused her. As she grew older and matured, she began to realize she preferred girls. She said the time-frame for her realizing she preferred girls was her late twenties. She used to identify as bisexual to "lessen the blow" of coming out (her words, not mine, nor do I encourage doing such) but now identifies as lesbian.

3. Ty3012

Yes im not crazy!!! Lol i think the biggest hurdle for me is just accepting myself and not worrying what others will think.