1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird attraction to male anime characters, why?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PaigeyLeigh, May 9, 2013.

1. PaigeyLeigh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I watch a lot of anime, and every so often I will catch myself being sorta attracted to some male characters (e.g. Hikaru and Kaoru off of Ouran Highschool Host Club) even though I am a lesbian. I mean, I know it isnt real life, and it shouldnt really matter, but little things like that can throw me off and make me second guess my sexuality, does this matter? And does anyone else sometimes experience this too?

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, male anime characters tend to have an effeminate style of beauty, so maybe that's what you're picking up on.

3. Exoskeleton

Hikaru and Kaoru? I read that and thought "The wonder twins? They could be girls!" I'm with Ettina on this, all the way.

[​IMG]

They are pretty feminine, and that may very well be the element you're attracted to.

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm exactly the same way. In real life I strongly prefer women, but I can rarely sit through an anime without finding at least one guy attractive. I even had a (very, very small) crush on Ed from FMA. >.>

5. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Oftentimes I find that the simplified curves, with realistic occasional sharp edges, create a sort of ideal of beauty. Othertimes they can be used to make something so hidious that you want to have your eyes burn away so that you don't have to see the disgusting picture. It really is a mixed bag, but the style can be really good for creating a semi-realistic attractive cartoon figure.

6. LesbianKitten

I find quite a few of the male anime characters attractive, I even cosplay as a few of the more masculine ones. Most of them are very feminine looking and are beautiful.
    [​IMG]
    I cosplay (dress up/act) as the one in all black and a close friend of mine cosplays as the girly young boy.

7. jeanie

jeanie Guest

I can't even remember every male anime character I've found attractive, but there are quite a few. I'v never really factored that in to my sexuality because they aren't live humans, and I like quite a few of the female characters too.

8. Mrcake

Ed is the best!!