1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can see myself in a relationship with a girl...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ahundredpennies, May 11, 2013.

1. ahundredpennies

Hey. So recently I've become away of "where my heart truly lies" so to speak but I'm a bit confused about something. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm most likely gay (personally I dislike the term "lesbian." Anyone else with me or is it just me?) because I really like my best friend whose a girl and I've never felt the same way around any guy. She's straight lol, not the point. However, I'm still running through my mind why I feel like this now rather then earlier. One thing I find interesting is that when I was going out with a boy (only been with one) a family member asked if I could see a future with him. I said no. Then I thought about it and realized I can't see a future with a boy, period. Did this occur with anyone else? or how did you realize you were gay? Thanks.

2. sillyolme

Don't worry, I don't particularly like the term 'lesbian' either. For me, it used so much more as an insult than the term 'gay' at least in my country, it has negative connotations for me. On the romantic side, I am more panromantic, than homoromantic because, personally, if a guy, girl, agender etc said they liked me and I liked them, I would not have any issue with going out with them, cause I feel why should gender get in the way of love?

However, with the homosexual side, I noticed that it has been increasingly difficult to keep my eyes on a girls face. When I was about 11 or 12, I was caught looking at someone else's butt in P.E, they then told the rest of the class.. I also noticed how I don't get attracted to boys. It is very rare that I will. even get aesthetically attracted to a guy. But with girls, they are beautiful and amazing and hot and... I have no other words to describe them. I have had urges to kiss a girl, have fantasies about makin g out. with them and do stuff involving melted chocolate and chests. However, I have no idea if this is sexual attraction or not, seen as all the definitions I have found involve wanting to have sex with them, which I don't get. I don't know if it is down to the fact that I haven't had experience with a girl or if I am Asexual. I guess time will tell.

My advice to you, OP, is try and get some experience with a girl if you haven't already. I know its easier said than done.

Good luck!

#2 sillyolme, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013