1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel 70 percent gay 30 percent straight

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anon1025, May 12, 2013.

1. anon1025

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel mostly sexually attracted to guys, but sometimes i feel sexually attracted to girls as well. I've never had sex with a woman, but vaginas and boobs and everything about a woman does not turn me off. when it comes to men, I've had sex with two and have recorded oral from two. The problem is that anal sex really grossed me out. I tried top and bottom and it's just not for me. Also, i do not like giving head to a guy. The only thing I really enjoyed was making out and receiving head. I'm kind of confused now as to my orientation. I don't think i would mind eating a girl out, or vaginal intercourse. What do i identify as. In the past I have made out with woman, but it never turned sexual. I'm really confused.

2. Mrcake

You may be bisexual, but you could be gay also. I recommend taking several kinsey scale tests to see where you are at. It is puzzling that you have an attraction for women, but haven't had sex with one. On the other hand, when you had sex with men, you didn't like it. Maybe you are straight with an admiration for other men. Who do you see yourself with in the future? Do you see yourself marrying a man or a woman, having kids, or not? Did you have trouble getting aroused when you were with men? Who do you fantasize about? I think you may be attracted to androgynous women if you are attracted to men.

3. anon1025

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If im being honest, i've fantasized mostly about men, sometimes about women. When it came to women, I always felt really self concious so I wouldn't persue it past a certain point. The men that I have experimented with were one night stands who approached me. More recently though, I've been fantasizing about women. Im confused. Ive never been emotionally attracted to a man but have to a women. I would have no problem coming out as gay as long as I was sure that I didnt want to be with a woman. Considering my experience with men I'm more hesitant to say I'm gay. I'm definately queer but I feel as though saying i was gay would be just as bad as saying i was straight in that I'm not sure it accurately describes my orientation. As of right now i dont want to be sexually active with anyone, but thats becausr of my self esteem/ looks. Also the girls i've been attracted to are fem girls. I'm not really into adroginous women. I'm especially interested in this one girl I know. Like I've has wet dreams and everything. So idk.

Also, growing up i always thought I'd be married with kids to a woman, but it's 2013 so whomever I'm with regardless if gender i can have a family. I know I'll have a family i just cant picture what gender my partner would be.

#3 anon1025, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  4. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Ummmm........ I suppose you could be considered a heteromantic bisexual.... Maybe? That would mean that you like girls, but are attracted to girls and guys. It is also possible that you are simply a heteromantic asexual, which means that you just don't like real sex at all but are emotionally attracted to girls. The other option would be you being a biromantic heterosexual.... I hope this helped (unlikely)

5. anon1025

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks this is the first time i hear the term biromantic. Interesting.

6. AKTodd

To me it sounds like you are bi. As I understand it, it is normal for bisexual people to have a greater preference for one gender or another rather than a simple 50-50 split. It's also possible for preferences to be 'fluid' and shift around over time.

As far as your experiences with men, it is not a requirement of being gay/bi that you also like anal sex or any other specific act. If you're not into something, you can either decide to do it anyway because your partner really likes it and you want to give them pleasure before moving on to something you enjoy more or just be honest that you aren't really into doing X and suggest doing Y instead and then just move on from there. It's probably not a bad idea to try various things as well to determine what you like and have a good 'library' of activities to offer as alternatives to doing X.

Todd

7. anon1025

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the replies! I've been doing some online research on the difference between sexual orientation and emotional orientation. What does it mean if I feel the emotional aspect of a relationship is more important. For example, I wouldn't mind dating an asexual person as long as the emotional connection was there. Like I could give up sex for the right person seeing as to how I haven't had much sex at all in my life as long as we have a great romantic connection.

8. wrhla

The short answer is that you shouldn't rely on labels to understand your sexuality. And, with all due respect to Mrcake, Kinsey never designed any tests; it was all based on self-reporting. So the idea that there are truly accurate labels is sort of bogus. What's true is that we're all very complicated and we need to find out over time who we are and what brings us pleasure.

One other point, when I was young and questioning, I found certain things a turn-off. It took a lot of time for me to discover that I liked things more than I imagined. It was all about setting aside fear and preconceived notions of what was acceptable.