1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused! (Male Leaning to Female)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Balloonwolf, May 12, 2013.

1. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've always been male, but I've felt like a female; I tend to be emotional and softer than typical male standards, fitting more towards what is understand as female standards. When I dated another man, I wanted a purse, and even growing up I never understood other guys.
    I started visiting a therapist last Thursday. I discussed with her the horrible relationship I had experienced, and she told me I seem to be more emotional than most. A friend talked with me after about nicknames, and she brought up several names for me, including Brandy. It was a jolt for me because it made me realize how I have always been drawn to more feminine directions. Simple things like sports aren't as interesting as reading, scrapbooking, and hobbies seen as more feminine.
    However, I do feel male half the time...just compassionate, sensitive, and drawn to the other side more often. Am I transgender, genderfluid? Should I bring it up to the new therapist? I'm not sure what direction we'll take coming up in the second session. It definitely excites and joys me to be called Brandy and referred to as female, though.

2. GhostOfRazgriz

I'm kind of in the same boat. I was born a male, but I definitely feel like I'm actually female.

First of all, you should bring up any conflicts in your life with your therapist. It's what they're there for, partly.

You might be genderfluid, if you don't feel like you align with one gender. I feel I'm female all the time, but I'm trapped in male body. But I too scared to do any kind of transition. But I digress, it's one of those things you have to think about for a while. But talking about it with your therapist would be a great help. I hope everything turns out alright.

3. Niko

Well it definitely sounds like you fall under the trans* umbrella. I think you might be genderfluid if you feel as though you can be male and female, depending on the day. You could also be androgynous ( having the characteristics or nature of both male and female ). I'd do further research on those terms, and then talk to your therapist about it.