1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you know for sure?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by themadhatter, May 14, 2013.

1. themadhatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a 23 year old female and in a long term relationship with a man we have a child together. I have always been able to appreciate the beauty of the female form and have never really considered myself anything but straight until recently. Yes i have kissed other women but nothing more. Now though i find myself in a situation where i dont really know myself any more and genuinely think i might be gay. I have no interest in men not even my partner, i find myself checking out women much more than i used too. So how do you know for sure because i have my family to think of. Is it really fair to tear that apart if this is nothing more than a fantasy?

:bang:

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well, from what you say; you sound like a Lesbian. And personally, as a supporter of the LGBT all I can say is; how is your family, are they homophobic? Do they think highly or lowly of homosexuals? If so; then it really depends, it is rather pointless to continue a relationship with another man your not attracted to what so ever. Rumor has it that Sexuality is fluid and it might swivel around alot and you can slowly and gradually change your sexuality without wanting to. But personally, I think you might be a lesbian, tell your partner/husband or male lover (to each their own) that you think your a homosexual and are really confused right now and unsure of what to do, they may be able to help you. The best thing you can do at this moment is go to a therapist and tell them. If you find out your a lesbian, then you must tell them unless you wish to continue with your denial, but that is only if you find out your a lesbian.

3. StfuAahlee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel the same as you. I don't have a bf but when I did, I had no interest in sex with him. Like sure if he worked on it, id be like ok because that's a normal reaction but I never enjoyed it. I also have a child...and it's really complicated.

I know it doesn't matter what we label ourselves, or so people say, but it is very important in identity...

Im here if ya ever wanna talk..oh and im almost 23.

4. robin363

robin363 Guest

Hi,

I am 29, when I was 19 I questioned whether I was attracted to women. I felt so strongly about it that I spoke to two people close to me and they did not think that I was. When I was twenty I kissed a women and did enjoy it unlike any way that I had ever enjoyed kissing a man plus I found myself checking out women alot. I ended up repressing these feelings until January of this year. In the last ten years I was only really sexually attracted to one man ( when I was 20). All other relationships I had I was not attracted to the man and because of that the relationships suffered and did not work out, and only caused alot of stress. I quess what I am trying to say is if you feel strongly about it,then maybe you should take some time to figure it out and explore that option because if you do not then maybe you will regret it later. I am fresh out of the denial of it all and so far it has been quite an emotional ride, so I imagine the process takes some time to settle once denial is gone. I hope that you figure out what you want and that it works out for you. I was struggling with the same decision as you 4 months ago and had to break up with an awesome guy, it was not easy but today I am glad I figured out that I wanted to explore this option and I now look forward to whatever the journey brings. I