1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reconsidering

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by UndercoverGypsy, May 18, 2013.

1. UndercoverGypsy

Hi, guys. For the second time in the last year or so, I have found myself questioning my sexuality. I was sure that I was gay, but there is now doubt in my mind. Basically, I'll throw down characteristics and behavior pertaining to me, and hopefully you guys can tell me what you think.

Things that make me think I could be bi/straight:
    -I catch myself looking at women subconsciously relatively often - although almost always in the context of "she's very good-looking" or something along those lines.

Things that make me think I'm gay:
    -I'm always checking out guys - consciously and subconsciously.
    -I'm disgusted by vaginas in general.
    -I barely ever think about a woman in a sexual manner.
    -I love the idea of, erm, being fucked by a dude (to put it bluntly).

I know it's not much to go on, but it's little things that can make you completely doubt this stuff. Now that I have written it down, the answer seems kind obvious, but it would be nice to see some other people's opinions too.

2. RainbowMan

You can appreciate a woman's body, but not be attracted sexually to her. You pretty much just described me (I can pick out a hot girl when I see one!) but there's no way I'd have sex with her.

$0.02

3. Goodnyte

You're gay. That is kind of obvious, with you being disgusted by vaginas really points it out.

Someone can be gay and still find those of the opposite sex attractive. It is kind of reflex to recognize someone attractive or not.

4. Hefiel

I still look today at women and think "She's very good-looking", but typically it stops there. I can't imagine myself kissing her or anything, and I can't say I haven't tried. I think we all have a certain degree of attraction to "beauty"(subjective) regardless of gender. It's only relevant to our sexuality when the attraction becomes sexual, which is not my case as I have no sexual attraction to women, even those I find to be good-looking.

5. UndercoverGypsy

Well, I knew that it was irrational to begin with, but it's nice to hear others say the same. Thanks, guys!

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You sound like you are gay to me. I suppose there is a chance of bisexual...but I wouldn't even waste 50 cents making that bet.

One thing I can tell you from bitter experience: it's easy to question or delude yourself. For years, I've thought I was bisexual. Since joining EC, I've been forced to take a close look at myself...and realize that the only successful relationship I could have with a woman is, possibly, very close friends. I could have sex, but it's not something I'd enjoy, and I'd have to push myself to do what straight men do naturally.

I get reminders of this in public. I sometimes see women who impress me with their appearance somehow. But I never--and I repeat never--have a gut level feeling of attraction with them. I only get that with men.

#6 BMC77, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013