1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it mean to be sexually confused?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nikinja, May 21, 2013.

1. Nikinja

I ask this, because why is love still segregated? Why can't I go to a gay club and a straight club, or better yet, why can't we all just intermingle!? Love transcends bounds. I am not a bisexual. I do love, though. So what if my type changes every while. Doesn't everyone's? If you're one of those guys who finds vaginas to be vile, or one of those girls who doesn't want a dick anywhere near her (guess the shout-out), that's okay. That's your type. But the moment when this became a political issue (which was unfortunately necessary and inevitable) was the moment we truly lost freedom. Look at all the people from way back when (for example, Oscar Wilde) who Wikipedia labels as "bisexual". Look at Ancient Rome and Greece. Love knows no boundaries! I've been so foolish trying to box myself, and I'm not embarrassed, because I've learned that I am whoever I might be. Society can judge me ALL IT WANTS FOR THAT. I love like anyone else. It's unfortunate that people who have a preference, especially a strong preference, for the same sex, and people who have an aversion, especially a strong aversion, to the opposite sex, have to face discrimination whenever they have relationships that are true to themselves. Another thing, I think, is the stereotypes: in my opinion, homosexuality and bisexuality are stereotypical of people who subvert gender norms, and of people who are open-minded. NOT the other way around.

2. wanderinggirl

i agree. obviously if you want the freedom to be in a queer relationship, or if you want to be acknowledged as genderqueer or transgender, politics gets in the way of full rights. but even within the lgbtq community, can't we just love who we love? i don't want my sexuality to define me.