1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not really sure...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Envira, May 22, 2013.

1. Envira

So...

I've been considering my orientation for a while now, and I just sorta came to terms with the fact that I'm definitely not straight. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm bi, but I might be lesbian, and I might just be bi-curious.

So I haven't really had a "crush" on or "liked" a girl yet, and I've liked several guys over the years. The thing is, when I see a guy I like, I get that fluttery feeling in my stomach, which I don't get around girls, and it's the same when I think about being in a relationship with a guy. But when I think about having sex with a guy, or anything remotely sexual even, I feel like it would be really weird and kinda gross. But I get kinda turned on when I think about having sexual relations with a girl, or anything like it. And i would totally be open to having a relationship with a girl. Like I would do the whole thing.

I also have another friend, and she's bi too. And we flirt for fun, and it's nothing serious, but say, if she were to touch my leg or my waist, I would get that fluttery feeling. But I also flirt with one of my guy friends, and it's the same with him.

So... I'm not quite sure. I think I'm bi, but I also think there's a possibility of something else. I mean, I kinda feel as if I'm more into girls than guys.

Any opinions?

2. FemCasanova

You could be a hetero-romantic lesbian. Or a few other labels. Just keep in mind, you`re still really young, and it`s kind of hard to know our sexuality until we`ve gotten some experiences under our belt. Not for everyone, mind me, some knows for sure really early. But for the rest of us, we need a little time and a few failed or successful attempts. Now, if thinking about guys sexually turn you off, then chances are they`re not your thing. It might change if you`re with a guy you like and trust, then maybe the sexual part won`t feel as gross. Or, it could be that you`re simply not into guys sexually. But for as long as you still do have romantic feelings towards guys, maybe keep that gate open until you know for sure. Just don`t be in a hurry to figure it out, because you have loads of time. You can consider yourself bisexual for now, and just figure out a more specific label later. I didn`t figure it out properly until I was about 21 or 22. Until then I thought I was a straight girl who just liked to mess around with chicks when drinking. Though, I was a bit slow on the uptake, so I guess I`m a bad example :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It was really quite obvious, thinking back. But even now I do consider myself a lesbian, but 80% only, as I can get that fluttery feeling over male specimens, but then more the romantic type, and only males who I would never have to see naked! Lol. So I guess I`m a bi-romantic lesbian, who just don`t like real life males. Sexuality is complicated, lol :slight_smile:

But take your time. Don`t rush into any experiences you`re not ready for, just to figure things out, because you do have a lot of time. Just enjoy this phase, enjoy the fluttery feelings and remember we don`t have to cram ourselves into a box.

3. Envira

Thanks. Yeah I kinda just wish that clear labels existed for every variation of sexuality, so we didn't all have to wait in confusion. I've still got a while to go...

4. FemCasanova

There are a lot of clear labels, it`s often just knowing which exact one we fit into that can take some time. Then again, labels are overrated, I think. I mean, they don`t help you find that perfect person to be with, or tell you exactly who will make you happy. That`s for gut feeling and time to decide. It gives you sort of a zone to search within, but if we get impatient and decide for a box to put ourselves into, we might look only in that zone, and miss out on someone we simply thought didn`t fit. That`s why it`s kind of a good thing that we don`t always know from scratch exactly what we`re looking for. You`ll figure out what you like, prefer, don`t like. And in the meantime, you get a lot of worthwhile experiences :slight_smile: There`s a bright side to most things :slight_smile:

5. Envira

I agree. I have to say, in a homophobic world full of boxes that people are shoved into and categories and stereotypes, although the LGBTQ community has been really open and supportive, we've also created some boxes. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I have to choose what my sexual orientation is going to be. And I'm still not sure. And I feel rushed. Is it really so important that I choose between being lesbian and bisexual, or anything else? I think the LGBTQ community should really consider this. Right?
    :/

6. Envira

And actually so, I thought I was bi, and then I realized that I honestly don't like guys at all, whatsoever and started to classify myself as a lesbian, but I don't know. I feel like I need to decide and I keep going back on my word. I'm so confused.