1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About My Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Equalist, May 23, 2013.

1. Equalist

Equalist Guest

First of all, I am gay, so I am not confused about that. What confuses me is my apathy towards body parts gay men typically find attractive.

I have absolutely no interest in the penis or anus. When it comes to sexual activity, everything always seems to revolve around getting naked and going for the penis and/or anus. When I look at a guy, I admire every other part of his body, and honestly, the last thing on my mind is what is under his pants. I have absolutely no desire to participate in oral, and anal disgusts me. I would do anything with a guy, but if the pants came off, I would want to stop.

Because of this, I'm rather hesitant about telling people I'm gay because I don't want them to assume I'm into all of these things, because I'm not. I'm not putting down anybody who does like these things; I honestly think I'm just weird and destined to never find a partner because of it. Can anybody here relate to this at all? I feel like it will cause me trouble in the future.

2. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I can definitely relate, except for me it's in regards to women. I love the idea of being with a woman romantically, but breasts, butts, and genitalia just don't do anything for me. (In contrast, the penis is the only stereotypically male bit I find attractive. I gave up on trying to make sense of my orientation long ago. -_-)

Actually, reading up on trans* issues really helped me to get over the anxiety I felt over this. After all, if gender doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what's in your pants, it stands to reason that you could in theory be attracted to someone without caring about their parts. (Well, it makes sense in my head. I'm having a hard time putting words to this idea.)

3. curlycats

no, you are not alone. i'm not interested in nor aroused by any body parts, despite being panromantic. i mean, i can appreciate a woman's curves, but there's never anything sexual involved.

are you aware that there are other types of attraction than sexual attraction? it's not that uncommon to be attracted to someone without arousal and/or sexual attraction being involved. and even if it is involved, there's nothing to say that an interest in genitalia/private parts must be involved.

4. Kaetriana

Perhaps you are gay and asexual? There's nothing wrong with that. :slight_smile: There are plenty of others out there who feel the same, not being interested in sexual activities below the belt. Indeed, they may be harder to find, but they are out there, I'm sure.

I agree with what curlycats said, there can easily be attraction without sexual attraction. If you meet someone who feels the same way, there doesn't need to be sexual attraction, only romantic attraction. I must say that a relationship without sex can be a beautiful thing. Someone who stays with you despite that is a wonderful person and you would be too, I think such a relationship would be quite strong.

I can relate, though I am more of a Gray-Asexual. I enjoy masturbation and being nude with someone else, I even enjoy BDSM activities, I like boobs but I do not find vaginas or penises all that attractive, and I would never agree to have sex with a male. Something about sex with a male disturbs me and I don't want to participate. I don't really like sex with girls either beyond some petting. : / It's kind of like...."I like to lay here naked with you and hold your naked warm body, you are beautiful, but please don't touch me sexually and I don't really wanna touch you down there either." : / I'm weird.

Will it be a problem for me in the future? I can't really answer that because I am a very inexperienced person in life. For all I know I could eventually warm up to sexual stuff, or maybe I won't and then I'll just have to find someone for me who feels the same.