1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FreeFlow9917, May 29, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

Hey im new and really hoping to make friends and emotions, but thats why im not here. My main reason is my s.o. i just feel really lost between the spectrum. Im a male, 15 years of age, about a year ago, i always thought of myself as straight until i started to daydream about guys and how theyre cute and stuff. But it went away for a while until late march when it starts to cascade again, but this time it feels idk more right. I always thought of women attractive until that time and i start wondering of what i saw in women, just because they had breasts doesn't make them attractive to me. I could only feel attracted to women only physically (until recently). Only with guys its both physically and on an emotional level, i just have no clue of how it happened so fast. But i do remember one thing is when i was :***:, i would always think of the male parts, but i would repress them, could i be bi, or could i be different, (im actually very content with being bi or gay) plus i told my mom of these feelings and she said it wasnt normal and wanted grandkids, that was in april, i feel as if she forgot. So what do i do, im in limbo with my feelings, p.s. i have mild aspergers and autistic abilities and consistently daydream about the same sex

---------- Post added 29th May 2013 at 10:41 PM ----------

Oh also one relationship with a girl, but i never had any real connections

---------- Post added 29th May 2013 at 10:42 PM ----------

And that was in seventh grade, now i look at guys while going shoping at walmart with mom, or anywhere else

2. wrhla

Well, I certainly assumed I was straight when I was 15. I fantasized about guys sometimes, but I was way more interested in girls. That was true for most of my life, but the homosexual fantasies became more frequent and I stopped fighting them or feeling guilty about them. It's only fairly recently that I started thinking of myself as primarily gay, or at least more gay than straight. And I really have no idea whether that's because I have actually changed or because I have been more accepting of myself.

There are a number of people here who say that they knew they were gay at a very young age, and others, like me, who found themselves confused, and some who only discovered as middle-aged men and women, sometimes happily married.

In short, don't let the confusion overwhelm you. Don't try to force yourself to go one way or another. And don't worry about what anyone else wants you to be. You're sorting stuff out, and you'll get there.

3. FreeFlow9917

I know, but i am emotionally torn, i made a mental ghost of my dream guy and he holds my hand and comforts me, he talks to me about being me, i really think its a visualization of my self concsious and he helps me sort out my feelings, and is very romantic of me. Hell, i think i sat in the shower and have brought myself down emotionally, but the ghost i made gives me confidence to get up. He veers me in the right path of my orientation but usually fades away and leaves me confused. I cant tell mom again due to fear of dissapointment, and i need to tell someone because i feel as if she pushed it away and never asks me how i feel towards girls or guys.

4. EllieAugust

Hi there,

I used to always tell people I was confused and not sure if I am more into guys or girls (including my mother), and was always dissatisfied with their reactions. Mostly a whole lot of neutrality. It has finally started to click for me that it isn't a really big deal to them, and shouldn't be to me either.

Sexuality to me has always been a bit confusing and I am finally starting to be okay with that. I am 22 now but have been trying to relax about it since I was about your age. I hope you can relax a lot sooner and just go with what you want to do, regardless of what your parents or friends might suggest, and what you think is expected of you. No need to label yourself, or promise kids just yet!

Keep sharing!

- Ellie

5. Martjain

Hi, welcome to EC! I hope you find what you came looking for.
    In my personal experience, telling someone before you are certain of how you feel only causes confusion on both sides, so I'd recommend you don't tell, at least, your mom, mainly cause of how she reacted be4.
    The thing is, I can't give you much advice on the case, cause I've known and accepted since a young age, say 10 or so, that I liked boys.
    The only thing I can tell you for sure is, you don't need to hurry, you've got time, and in time, you will slowly start to discover more and more about your S.O. Don't expect to realise your SO overnight, cause that won't happen.
    Cheers!

6. FreeFlow9917

Thx @martjain, i see that i have time but not for sure how long i can hold it, ghost came back in my daydream and the weird thing is i asked god for advice and he sent it through my ghost, it helped me understand who i was and you gave me advice for taking my time, yeah im chritian