1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FreeFlow9917, May 31, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

Hi im back for more questions, so we went to a local coffee shop and i sorted it out with her, she says i that im confused when i told her i wasnt attracted to girls anymore, but i used to like girls, but theres something about guys that really attract me to them more than women. Should i just find the right girl to go out with, or experiment with dating guys, because as i look back i find that i was attracted women in fantasy, not in reality, they just never connected with me, even if a girl did, i just dont know about physical attraction. Guys, felt a lot more deeper to me, i mean i didnt feel attraction until this year and its so strong that i just cant imagine myself with a girl. My mom thinks ill grow out of it but, as i touched myself in the past, i always recollect of thinking of male genitalia, but i never acted on it, i just cant see myself with a girl, idk just more confusion, and im glad mom will love me no matter what, but my dad would kill me if i told him

---------- Post added 31st May 2013 at 12:22 PM ----------

My mom is the lady

2. smartsunny

i totally get you.. I ask myself if this is just a phase but i'm never sure...would love some advice

3. wrhla

Your dad won't kill you. He might be shocked and confused. He might respond with anger. But he'll get over it. And he'll grow and become a better person because of it.

One thing I can guarantee you, it's not "just a phase." I prayed it was just a phase 45 years ago. That's a pretty long phase.

4. volvo6x

What do you mean by thinking about girls only in fantasy, and that they never connect with you?

5. Mixxxed Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow I totally understand what you mean. I used to have little crushes on girls from middle school age and younger but once I got into high school...I can only fantasize about being with men.

6. FreeFlow9917

Its just that when it comes to guys it feels more.... idk right, hell i even cuddled with a guy and i was attracted, nothing happened, but i really enjoyed it. Girls never had a spark with me as i ponder back in my life, but all of sudden guys became more attractive. I even thought i had a crush on a woman but... i knew it would never work because i knew it wouldnt last long, hell i dont know what i saw in her, but i guess it was what i thought i was supposed to be in attraction.

7. Stray

Yeah, that "deeper connection" with men is what sold me on being gay. Even though I had crushes on girls when I was young, and had girlfriends who I was sexually involved with, I always fantasized/dreamt about guys.

(And I've never known someone to have a legitimate "gay phase", not to say it doesn't exist; but it's not nearly as common as just being gay)