1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost and bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wanderinggirl, May 31, 2013.

1. wanderinggirl

I'm struggling with the worst internalized biphobia, I want to figure out my true gender preference even though I don't think it is that simple for me. And I keep worrying that maybe this is a phase or that I'm doing this for attention even though I doubt that is true. I came out kinda late, and now I'm stuck not wanting to date someone in case I hurt them by realizing I don't prefer their gender, but I can't figure out if I even have a preference without dating. I've never been in love. After I break up with someone I second guess all the feelings I had, but I never see my emotions clearly. Is this common for bisexuals? I'm in my late 20s, I should have this figured out shouldn't I?

2. wrhla

If you look on the LGBT Later in Life forum, you'll see that there are loads of people older than you who still have not figured it all out.

When you're bi, nothing about your sexuality is black or white. I feel that I have moved more in the direction of gay over the past several years, but I can't rule out the possibility that I'll feel a strong heterosexual attraction at some point again.