1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I Turn Gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by vhrebels, Jun 3, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey, so a little over a year ago I started questioning my sexuality, and eventually I came to the conclusion that I'm gay. The only thing is I swear when I was like around 12 I was attracted to girls too. I thought that they were hot. Well, recently I have mainly had those feelings about guys, and not really about girls. I think some girls can be hot, but it's not really to the level that guys are. So, what happened? Did I turn gay?

2. MerBear

You didn't turn gay. hahaha. You could be bisexual with a preference for men.

3. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Am I bisexual if I don't want to have sex with girls? I used to want to, but now it's kind of a turn off for me. I think girls can be good looking, but I don't really want to get it on with them.

4. David2231

David2231 Guest

That's pretty much me, I notice when girls are beautiful but I don't want anything like a relationship with them unless it's friendship; I'd say that's gay... because that sounds so much like me except I don't know 100% haha.

5. Maybe you fell into what society taught you and you only thought you were sexually attracted to females because that was the only gender you felt you could be sexually attracted to?

Did that make sense?

6. David2231

David2231 Guest

That's possible. That was me when I was little, haha... I didn't want to be gay (i've acknowledged it now and I accept myself) and so I'd automatically place crushes on girls that I thought were pretty; for example when I'd see a girl I thought was pretty, when I acknowledged the fact that they were pretty I thought that was me crushing over them but it wasn't ... it was more of a lust for friendship I guess cause most of the pretty girls were popular LOL.

7. RainbowMan

It's also possible that sexuality is fluid over the course of a lifetime - you're still quite young, so perhaps you're just experiencing some of that. I don't think you "turned" gay, I think that you're just developing your identity more and more, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I can also recognize females for their beauty, but would I want to fuck one? NO WAY! :grin:

8. Dins3label

I was just like that about 4 months ago!

The mind is a really tricky place, and I can't speak to your personal sexuality, but I had those same feelings.

I had a girlfriend which complicates it even more, but basically I was constantly playing the guessing game. I found that the more I said it, (I'm gay), the more I realize that I was gay. I even used to even feel attracted to women when I tried... but now that I'm out and stopped caring about what people thought I could totally care less about vagina.

So for me, I don't think my sexuality is fluid. Sexuality in the brain is subjective, but we can also confuse the heck out of ourselves when we don't want to accept something.

What I found helpful was that the more I told people, the more sure of myself I became. Maybe you should try opening up to someone close? It's hard at first, but it feels absolutely amazing to have someone see that part of you.

9. wrhla

I would just reinforce what others have said. Your didn't "turn" gay. Your true sexuality just took awhile to make itself clear.

It's not at all unusual to be drawn to female beauty but not feel sexually into them women.

10. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    ^ This is me. I do think sexuality can be a bit fluid, but also consider that relationships are typically emotional and physical attraction. I have always thought (and still do think) that women are beautiful, but im not "physically" attracted if you get what I mean.

Its possible that at the age you were still going through puberty, and sexual attraction may have manifested in guys, when before you may have just thought girls looked nice. I cant say for certain, only offering an alternative reasoning! I don't think you "turned" gay, you probably just realized you were gay. Possibly, you may come to question your "attraction" to girls in the past, and wonder if it was legitimate or imposed by societal pressure or peer pressure. Realizing your gay is different for many gay people.

You could also be Bi with a male preference, although in this stage, some people tend to use "Im Bi" as a brace to lessen the blow of coming out, so be wary of that.. I would warn that coming out as Bi, then Gay afterwards can make some people (more likely older people mind you)think that you are immature, and do not know what you are for sure, and think your just "confused" which can be irritating as fuck lol. Spend some time thinking about it and weighing the odds of what you are with irrefutable truths on who you are attracted to, who you can see yourself with, etc etc.

Good Luck!

#10 PrinceOfAvalon, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  11. timemage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    same here, i used to attracted with girls only, even my first love is a girl, but then as i grow up i started to attracted to boys too, and now, i attracted to both, well when it comes to sex i still prefer man tho, but under certain condition, both if fine :slight_smile:)
    so i think your sexuality is still unstable, maybe you are bi, but as the time goes by it will be crystal clear lol
    just enjoy your current stat as nothing is really wrong with being gay, no?