1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a serious relationship, but now I am questioning.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hannahrose1209, Jun 4, 2013.

1. hannahrose1209

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My boyfriend and I have been together for a while now, but we are having some issues lately. Even without the issues I have started to have thoughts about what it would be like to be with a female. I always kind of defined myself as pan-sexual, but now I am thinking that I may be a lesbian. Its' just that the sexual something is not there between us and I don't know what to do. I love him, I really do. Do you break up with someone you love to try something you don't understand...risk it all. Or do you stay safe and know that is still not right for you but it is still love. I really don't know. If any one has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Hannah~Rose

2. EllieAugust

Hi Hannah Rose,

In your situation it sounds like a good idea to just see how the relationship is going regardless of your possible interest in women. If it works with him; it works, if it doesn't; it doesn't (and that might be because you long to be with a woman, or because he never takes the trash out!)

I would try talking to some of your friends about this just to get the pressure off. Friends can often have better input than someone online (or sometimes even yourself) can. It will at least be good to get your thoughts out there. You might even talk to your boyfriend about this if you haven't already. I think honesty is always the best policy!

What do you think? Keep me posted.

- Ellie

3. hannahrose1209

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have talked to him about me possibly being gay and he said that he would want to stay in a relationship with me rather than letting me go...I don't really know what to do in this situation. It seems so complicated.

4. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Just try to think of urself rather than him

5. EllieAugust

You don't have to figure it out tomorrow. Just be true to yourself and keep dialogue open with us and with friends. It will all be okay!

Hugs - ellie