1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do about these feelings?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ScatteredEarth, Jun 7, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

I'm 15 and since the age of 13 I have always had an interest in both genders. Simply curiosity and nothing ever too serious. But recently I have been having strong thoughts not only for females, but for males as well. I do not want to open up to my parents about it just yet because if I do too early and realize that it was simply a phase, I don't think that my relationship with them will ever be the same. I would like to know if there is a community of people like me who can help me and see what type of sexuality I truly am. Thanks in advance, and please no bashing answers. I'm really desperate at the moment.

Now I'm not saying that I want to go participate in some circle jerk or something like that. But I want to know if there is a community with people specifically like me who I can get to know and determine if I truly am what I think I am.

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2013 at 06:00 AM ----------

Also, it is difficult for me to express these feelings to much anyone, because the people I come in contact with are some of my close straight friends who I dont feel would take me "opening up" to them very well. I cannot approach people at school as I no longer attend a public school. So I'm basically left on my own stuck in my own thoughts as to what I truly am. And it is quite miserable. I do wish to have the traditional family with a wife and kids. But on the other hand I cannot simply brush the other feelings I have off.

#1 ScatteredEarth, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. Hefiel

You're pretty much at the right place to ask those questions, EC is a great support forum.

As far as what to do with your feelings? There's nothing wrong about being attracted to both gender. "Bisexual" would describe that type of sexual orientation.

With time you'll become more accepting of it, and perhaps you'll find yourself with a preference for one gender over the other (while still remaining open to both) or find yourself attracted 50/50 to both. So long as you find a person you like, it won't matter what gender they are.

3. FreeFlow9917

Yeah, actually your reason is the reason i signed up, i found out that i wasn't attracted to womem, and i always had thoughts about guys. And i actually held it in. Im not going to go shout to the whole world im gay, i still need to boggle these feelings. But i agree with Hefiel

4. forgetboutit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello scatteredearth,

I went through a similar process discovering my sexuality. I grew up thinking I was only attracted to women. As puberty set in I found myself having sexual fantasies about my male friends. In my mind these fantasies were "normal" (in the sense that every guy has them) but as I grew older and had a really cute male classmate approach me sexually. I found myself being really sexually attracted to another man. That's when it hit me that I maybe I did like men.

From there on until the present I have spent my time figuring out my sexuality. I tried telling myself that I was straight, fully gay and bisexual and see if it was being honest with myself. As of right now I am sure I like men and women. How much of each? I'm still figuring it out.

As you can see these things are normal, you are a unique individual that has a place in the beautiful circle of life. Accept yourself for what you are and for having the place you have in the universe.

Good luck <3

5. ScatteredEarth

The problem is that i don't have any emotional outputs and i cannot experiment with my own sexuality because i do not go to public school and i don't have much of a social life. (in case you're wondering.. I take school online now)

6. ScatteredEarth

Im slowly losing my mind :/. I have all these feelings but I cannot express them to anyone and it just bottles inside me. I find myself spending hours on the internet seeing if I could just meet people nearby but I never get any luck which drives me crazy. I feel like I'm stuck in some closed box with no exit in sight.