1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm afraid

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tj19, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Tj19

I'm gay but I identify as a girl. Any advice?

2. AdventurousLez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be yourself!!

3. Noir

Why are you afraid? Are you intimidated by what others may think or are you yourself just new and not comfortable to the idea?

I personally don't find anything wrong with being gay and identifying as a girl--I've got a female friend who I just recently discovered has the exact inverse of your label. She's female and ultimately likes girls, but feels she identifies as a man. I think you should live as whatever you want to be, especially if it would be more painful for you to cover up your true self. You'll be okay!(*hug*)

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

If you feel you're a woman and you know you are, then no doubt about it- you are. Your gender is not dependent on what's in your pants- it's how you feel and how you identify. It has nothing to do with your sexual orientation (there are plenty of transwomen who identify as lesbian, bisexual, asexual, or any other label on the sexuality spectrum).

If you are a woman then it's your job to own it and accept it. There's absolutley nothing wrong with being trans*- or being a woman for that matter (Odd as that may seem coming from me...)

I'll be here if you need any more advice. :slight_smile:

5. leer

like everyone else who have joined EC just be yourself your not alone hear(*hug*)

6. GayJay

I think the only trouble with that is gay female implies lesbian
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, and if that's how you most comfortable then go for it. There's nothing to say you shouldn't, just be carefull who you say it too, some people will take offense to it