1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian/Bi and guilt

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bb1984, Jun 10, 2013.

1. bb1984

I posted on this forum a few months ago about how I thought I might be a lesbian and every body was so supportive, thank you :slight_smile:. So, I started dating a girl and I like her....She's cute, funny, easy to get along with. I like her but I don't see anything long term. She has said I'm definitely gay so I guess that means I'm a lesbian... I don't know. I prefer to say bi leaning more towards women. She and I have been out a few times, slept together etc. Hopefully this isn't TMI, but I am attracted to her and until now I never knew what it felt like to just look at the person you're seeing and instantly feel turned on, So my dilemma now is that I feel kind of guilty about my sexuality. Is this normal. She said that I seem like I don't want to be gay and I seemed ashamed. Will this feeling pass? I had a dream the other night that she outed me to my family.My family has no idea about my sexuality. What do you think this means?

2. MerBear

Are you afraid of a long term relationship with her? or getting serious?
    I know you said, you dont see anything long term i was wondering though.

and dont feel guilty for being who you are. you can't help it.
    If you want to identify as bisexual leaning towards women then go ahead.
    Only you can say who you are, nobody else

3. bb1984

I just don't feel we are compatible enough to be together long term. Plus I'm newly "out" so I want to explore, and play around a little, is that bad? I try not to feel guilty, but every time I think of my family it makes me want to cry.

4. MerBear

No. of course not.

And, hey....I dont know what that feels like but im not coming out to my family and they are very accepting of gays and lesbians. Is your family accepting or no?

im asking because maybe you could feel guilty because you feel your hiding a big secret from them. i feel like that sometimes.

5. bb1984

No, my mother is super religous and she would be so disappointed and upset. So coming out really isn't an option. I think that does have to do with why I feel guilty...

6. MerBear

do you live with her?
    and Yeah, i would think.

There is a thread i made about christianity and homosexuality if you want to look at it.
    I dont know it will ease the guilt

7. bb1984

No, she lives all the way in another state, but I think eventually she's going to have to find out.

8. MerBear

well, i think, that if she finds out. one or way or another....that what is most important is your happiness. Your happiness should come first to her, not her religious beliefs.

She may not accept but she shouldn't abandon you since your her daughter.
    I think, once she finds out...it'd be important to let her take it in some and maybe ask if she has any questions and if she gets frustrated or yells at you, i think you should walk away calmly.

I can see why you would feel guilty as you want your mother to love and accept you for who you are. she should ....but if she doesn't. Do not blame yourself.

YOu are who you are and if she can't accept that then its sad ....but all in the end, your happiness comes first but dont let this bring you down. its not worth. I know, its hard but try. That's all you can do.

9. biggayguy

My mom was super religious too. The thing I felt the most guilty about was not being honest with her and my dad. It's one of the things that finally compelled me to leave the closet. Trying not to lie to her left large gaps in our conversations. Didn't say that to make you feel guilty about being in the closet. You come out when and where you want! You are a good person! Don't let anyone tell you different.