1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning myself. Please help.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SarahAnn, Jun 12, 2013.

1. SarahAnn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a nineteen year old female and I'm currently questioning my sexual orientation. I grew up 'liking' boys because that was the 'norm' round here, however as I have gotten older I've found I've started noticing girls more and picturing myself with them.

I have been with guys before but found whenever things progress I start to feel uncomfortable and always finish the relationship.

I think there is one man that I definitely find attractive and would love to be with him (He's married, not going to happen ha!) other than him I have no feelings towards any men and there is a lot of woman that I find attractive.

I'm rather confused though, I feel like I should know what I want by now but I just don't.

I'm not a very confident person and I suffer a lot with anxiety but I think I need to meet some woman and go from there, if I've had experience dating a woman I think things will be much clearer for me but I have no clue how to go about meeting people. I'm not one to go out to clubs/bars to meet people.

I really need some help and advice, how do you know what your sexual orientation is?

Thank you so much for any help.

2. wrhla

How to meet people when you're just trying to sort stuff out can be a serious challenge.

Are you in or near a big city or college campus? There could be groups, meet ups, whatever.

Or if you're passionate about something—music, art, movies, a sport, etc.—you could get involved in that somehow—e.g., join a museum, or a club, attend meetings. That way you can meet someone who shares some of your interests.

Just some ideas.

3. MusicMaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me, there were alot of subtle (yet obvius) clues that should have made it clear sooner. for example: even when I thought I was straight, there was this one guy I couldn't help but look at, but it didn't register until recently.

Also, It may be that that your mind needs time to adjust to the situation. But I'm no expert so I could be wrong.

not sure if it helps. In any case, Welcome!