1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answers on a postcard please..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Arlo85, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Arlo85

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im so confused. Iv been this way for over 10yrs now, & i know i should have started dealing with it sooner, iv tried, but i always give up.

Iv been anxious & a worrier since i was tiny, says my mother. She dont know the half of it.

Iv never felt like iv fitted in, never really had friends, never had a relationship, never 'done' anything, with anybody. When i was a teenager & everyone else was getting off with each other, all that passed me by, just had no interest. wasnt until i was in my early 20s (im late 20s now) that i really started thinking 'i have no idea whats going on here, i have no idea who i am or what i want'.

My body dictates that im female. Iv never ever been comfortable with that. At 1 point i was all for gender reassignment ('i want to be a man!') but im not sure thats it. Im not comfortable being female but im not sure id be totally comfortable as a guy. Iv always been a total tomboy as a kid, but the feelings run much deeper than that.. I spend my working life in scruffy clothes & a hat, & every time someone calls me 'son' or 'lad' or whatever, it just feels right. Like they've seen the real me or something.

My friends daughter (3yrs old) asked me the other day if i was a boy or a girl (she knows im a girl, shes just at that age..). I asked what she thought. "You a boy" she says inmmediately. It made me smile but of course i had to correct her.

& thats another thing. I want to be a parent. I want to be a dad. Maybe that sounds completely insane, but to have a child, to hear a child call me 'Daddy'.. It cuts me in two to know i'll probably never ever get that.

Im sort of attracted to both men & woman, but im not sure i could ever sleep with a man. Not entirely sure why, but the idea of penetrated in any way freaks me out. These last few months, its become more & more certain in my brain that if i ever slept with anyone, it would be me that would have to be doing that, being the man in the relationship..

Im at a stage where im just lonely as hell, & its inpacting on everything. im struggling at work, but my boss is 1 of these 'leave personal problems at home' people, & just doesnt care. Not that id tell him whats going on anyway. Im basically on verge of losing the job iv only had since Xmas.

I went to the Dr last week & told her all of what im writing here. Shes referred me to psych, but theres a 6 month waiting list. The way i am right now, im not sure i can survive 6 months. She wouldnt give me any meds to help depression or stress (i didnt ask for any in the 1st place..) because im on other meds for other health issues. Im looking into private therapy/counselling etc.

I spoke to an old friend last night (him giving me a 5min lift home turned into a 2hr chat in his car) who has known me on & off for almost 10yrs. Hes actually the very 1st person i came out to. He said he thought my gender worries had settled, & he honestly thought id have had a partner by now, of whatever gender. I wish..

I really dont know what to do. I only have 1 or 2 mates, im a very very lonely person but im too scared to meet new ppl because i cant work out who i am. Its a viscious circle.

I dont want to reach my 30s & still be alone. That'd kill me. Im just utterly messed up & at the end of my tether.

& scared. Im really scared.

Pathetic really.

A.

{apologises for writing a novel...}

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm so sorry for your plight. Don't apologize for writing a novel, you're a good writer; I almost teared up.

It sounds to me you'd be much happier as a man. But, I hate to say, only you can decide what's right for you. I don't have your experiences, your feelings, and your body on which to make a decision.
    Good luck!

3. earthlvr510

I totally stumbled on this by accident but I could have writen this myself. All of it. I dont have many close friends, doing badly in school and work because of depression and social anxiety, everything. Especially the part about being with men, at the moment i guess i identify as pansexual but im still working out my gender so i havnt given that part much thought. As a women i couldnt be with a man but as a man i might be able to, at least emotionally and as long as i was the "guy". Everything about this is seriously messing me up. Im never able to meet new people because im to uncomfertable with who i am to even try. I guess i dont really have any advise for you, just wanted to let you know that you are definetly not alone.

4. livinganew

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree. I don't know much about this situation but I feel like you'd be happier as a man - and maybe more able to move on to a happier and more fulfilling life.