1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in love with a friend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pisces1987, Jun 14, 2013.

1. pisces1987

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello Everyone!

I know my situation is not new but I just feel the need to let this out since I don't know who to talk to with regards stuff like this. I'm kind of boyish in the way I act and people often mistaken me for a lesbian because of that. Although I am boyish but it never crossed my mind dating girls or even fantasizing one. Last year, I moved out to another country to work and I am now living with my friend. For almost a year and a half that we're together I am starting to notice something. I am beginning to feel attracted to her and liking her more than a friend. I don't know how and when did this happened. Lately, I am having weird dreams that we had sex. It's difficult on my part to assess what's happening to me and why i am developing this kind of feeling towards her. But even before this happened, some of the people we know tease us and thought that there's something going on between us. We just ignored them because we know there nothing going on but now that I have come to think of it, maybe there is really happening to us and we just don't know it. Like we have chemistry, or we are attracted to each other but we're just denying it. Or we choose not to. I don't know. Maybe I am just assuming. And I don't know what's on her mind really. Because when we talk about stuff like homosexuality both of us deny and both of us openly say we are attracted to guys. Although I know, she's not homophobic because she has a close friend who confessed to her that she's gay and she's cool with that. She also told me that she dreaded the idea of marrying and giving birth. She said she would rather adopt a child.

She doesn't know and I have no plans of telling her about what I am going through right now because I don't wanna ruin our beautiful friendship. But it's really hard. Now i'm starting to think maybe I am bi and if I am, I guess i am really picky towards who I like because I don't easily fall or get attracted to someone. I think I am falling in love with my friend. But on the other hand, I'm also thinking that maybe because we live in the same roof, and we're always together. Maybe that's why. But right now.. I really don't know what I am feeling. I don't know if this is normal or not. I am so confused.