1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual or Straight and Curious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Novnaii, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Novnaii

Novnaii Guest

All right, I'm twenty years old and I've always identified myself as straight. I have a boyfriend and we have been together for a year and seven months. He is my first serious relationship. About a month and a half ago, I met a girl who is a butch lesbian. She approached me at the bar after claiming that she has seen me around campus a few times. We talked and I gave her my number, not thinking anything of it. We began to hang out a lot, and turns out, I like her. I've never liked another girl before, so at first, I just blew my feelings off, but now I definitely know that I genuinely like her just the same as I have liked guys.

I feel as if I'm finding my sexuality a little late, which is why I am not sure if I really am into girls or if this is just a little girl on girl crush. I treat her just the same as I treat my straight female friends, yet, I feel like I am doing something I shouldn't be doing with her since I am in a relationship. She and I agreed that because of this, we should spend less time together.

I want to tell my boyfriend that I am bisexual, but I'm not entirely sure if I am and what his reaction will be. Could any of you give me any advice on what I should do and if I am bisexual?

SN - I think of girls and guys while engaging in sexual things and get turned on by both.

2. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think there is such a thing as finding your sexuality late, or even if you feel it is late, it doesn't make it any less genuine. I was worried about it myself, when I saw people who have known since they were 14, and I'm still just coming to terms with it. But everyone has their own pace I suppose.

It's good that you have talked to her about your feelings, although I don't really have any advice on how you should handle the situation.

If you're unsure if you should tell your boyfriend, but you would like to, maybe it is a good idea to gauge how he reacts to LGB people first. You could do this by bringing up LGB topics, or talking about other people you know and then trying to guess based on those responses.