1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to fit into gender roles

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Batman, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't belong in the boy or girl sections. I don't exactly feel like a chick, but I don't feel entirely like a dude. I just kind of... float between everything.

Everyone expects such a finite answer. Do you want to be treated like a male or a female? Can't I just be treated like me? I'm trying to fit into some gender role, but I just seem to have an overabundance of gender which simply can't be shoved into any role. That didn't even make sense :dry:

I feel like I can't relate to anyone. Any of you guys going/gone through this kinda stuff?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. This is pretty much my everyday life. Some people say I'm manly as hell, some people say I'm more femme, some people don't even know or care. If you ever asked me the question "are you a guy or a girl?" I'd shrug my shoulders, because frankly, you'd be better off getting Nixon out of the grave and leading this country out of corruption.

Trust me, there was a lot I pondered about that was "Is this masculine or feminine" to the point where I had to google search it.

You could technically have your own gender, if any of the other gender-neutral ones don't seem to fit. If you've got a voice whispering in your head, "It's this" then chances are, it's right.

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be one of the non-binary genders, such as bigender, agender, etc.

4. hiddenxrainbows

If you're feeling like that, you probably are one of the non-binary genders. Do you ever get uncomfortable when someone addresses you as a girl, but don't want them to address you as a guy?

And I feel the same way, I guess. I feel like I don't fit into either. Like I'm something in between, or neither. I just don't feel like I fit in with othe girls. A lot of the time, I feel more masculine, but I feel like I don't exactly fit in as a man either. Like I'm some mix of a monster :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lo

So you're not alone.