1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated and confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DrGrayburn, Jun 15, 2013.

1. DrGrayburn

Lately I've been wanting to be a boy, rather than a biological girl. I've always kinda felt like this, in a way; I always wanted to be like my older cousins, I was much of a feminist, espeically when I was younger. I wasn't exactly "profemale" I wanted equality and the same expectations for me as if I were a boy. This past few years or so I've been cross-dressing when I got the chance, and now it's like feelings are resurfacing or something.

At puberty, I tried to pass as a girl due to peer pressure and outside influences and it wasn't me, it was fake. I didn't like it afterward realizing it wasn't right. I've somewhat struggled through puberty, even cried a few times.

But I don't know how much is "enough" to prove that I'm transgendered; I felt sure that I want to be a boy before I told my older sister, but now I'm just frustrated. She thinks it's "just a phase" and that I'm not a boy. I'm frustrated because I want to biologically be a boy, and although I haven't had much opportunity to cross-dress and explore, I want to be one. I've been a female for 15 years, and naturally I kinda "act" female and I'm comfortable within my body because I've been in it for so long even though I've never liked it.

I'm just confused because I want to be a boy. I don't want/never wanted breasts nor whatever else came along, physically, in puberty. I like guys, but I've never dated, so how can I tell? I don't know what I am, her telling me that made me think and become confused by her statement. What am I? I feel like I'm mentally both, if not neither, but I really want to be a boy rather than a girl. How can I be certain? Do I have to "explore" this more? Ugh, it's frustrating. I don't want to act or look like a girl. I want short hair and at one point in the year said I wanted a mustache (no kiddin'). Do I have to prove to her that I'm transgendered, or is she right?

#1 DrGrayburn, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, but yourself.

Why don't you explore more? Wear some boy clothes, get a pixie cut that could be good for a girl, but also for a boy. (just in case) I would suggest a journal as well. So you can document your feelings on all of this. How you felt wearing certain types of clothes and such.

I don't have any experience with not feeling like I fit with my biological gender so my advice is not very specific. Take your time.