1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is weird

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Haags12950, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Haags12950

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've always had a nagging feeling for guys. I always dismissed it as nothing and kept going along with my life. Than one night it hit me I didn't like girls anymore. I cant accept it, I almost bury it. I try to check out girls more and check out girls but I feel like a pig and demining. Why did this just happen one night? Also I seem to have accepted it really easily, it just feels right. It feels like it only took a couple weeks, not monthes or years like others. Is their a possible reason? Im just confused of why I could accept this so easily. I read stories of people struggling and I don't feel that struggle. I don't want to be gay but I know I am. I almost don't think about it, and flirt with girls is it possible im in denial? I get aroused by men not women yet I still force myself to fantasize to women. I feel so strange, like im lost. My biggest question is why could I accept this so fast and why cant I admit it to myself :frowning2:

2. Stray

I think you consciously have accepted your interest in men, but that's rarely where the struggle comes from. If you believe being LGBT is not a choice (which I think most people nowadays believe) then you must acknowledge that there may be a chance that you are LGBT. And most people can logically accept that fact. The problem with true self-acceptance is more on a subconscious level. I think you (like many guys in your situation) associate being gay with having certain qualities (as it's often portrayed in the media), especially being unmasculine or girly. So you may be flirting/fantasizing about girls because on some level you still believe that that's what masculine, gender-conforming men do. But plenty of gay/bi men are masculine, and as you become more certain of who you are, I think you'll feel less obligated to look at/fantasize about women. Hope this helps!

3. Haags12950

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you that really helps!