1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to wonder if I am now Aromantic

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by unknown17050, Jun 17, 2013.

1. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    If you probably do not know by now, I have accepted the fact that my internet crush is not coming back anymore due to the fact she has not been online in 3 months already (only if you combine the days does it equal to that amount). The feelings did delude over time and did eventually, but now I'm fully confident in saying she is not coming back, at all. But what's worse is now, I cannot picture myself with anyone now.

After I accepted that she is not returning, I realized; maybe this love I have had where I want to know someone better is as far as I can go in terms of feelings, maybe the nervousness in meeting women was a self defense mechanism, and that I am incapable of feeling genuine love for anybody. What if I am Aromantic?

2. Minx

*thinks*

I've been through something similar a few times, but for me the disappearance of romantic feelings/emotions was a coping mechanism to avoid the pain/loss.

Maybe your experiencing something similar?

It's hard to say for sure. :3

3. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I in a way hope so and do not hope so.:icon_sad: