1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm Bi, but I'm not sure anymore??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SaxySaxGirl, Jun 18, 2013.

1. SaxySaxGirl

I've been aware that I'm not straight all of my life, but have always been attracted to males; I've just never been able to imagine myself in a relationship with a guy before and have it feel right. I'm pretty comfortable saying that I'm bisexual, but I have this weird thing where i get crushes on guys way easier than girls...but I can only really see myself with females. I had been in a relationship with one of my best girl friends for over a year and a half, and it was absolutely amazing. I recently had to break up with her however due to issues going on in both of our personal lives. But...as that was happening, I started to develop a crush on this guy I play alto sax with in my schools concert band. I've been trying to get over him for the entire school year, but no matter what happens I just can't seem to get over him. I seriously think I'm in love with him because he just makes me feel so happy and safe and...special, alive, I don't know. Everything. But the confusing thing is that I've NEVER been able to imagine myself with a boy before other than him. This is the biggest crush I've ever had on a guy, and I'm scared of having him slip through my fingers.

Could I be pansexual?? Or what sexualities are there other than bisexual where you can love both genders??

2. LetMeBeThatIAm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly, there's no need to label it. You can be "unlabeled" and that covers all the bases. What you're experiencing is actually normal. Women's sexuality is more fluid than men's, and it sounds like in your situation, you've fallen in love with a man. There's nothing wrong with that. Let yourself feel. You can still be attracted to women, too. He can be an exception to your "rule," if you even have any rules. There's no such thing as a "typical" bisexual, because so many experiences can fall into that category. I'm more emotionally attracted to women, even though I seem to be more easily sexually attracted to men. But the women I am sexually attracted to, it feels more intense. And I can see myself as being with either, even though right now in my life, I'm leaning towards women. See what I mean? Nuances!

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Labels to a certain degree are comforting because humans like to know what to call something, what to expect from it, etc. BUT, I think there's a such thing as over labeling, which becomes a problem when a person becomes so obsessed with having a name for every which way their dick twitches or heart patters that the names and titles become more important than actually being with people. Not saying you're there, OP, that's just in general what I think.

Now to you. Dude, he'll on slip through your fingers if you keep focusing more about your label, more than the guy himself. Don't worry about what you've been able to picture in the past, you don't have to fucking reroute your sexuality every time you start to crush on someone that you didn't generally think you could crush on before. Point is, you can love both genders without having a name for it. Don't worry about what to call it. You like the guy 'cause of how he makes you feel and that's all that matters, that's all any of this is about. I don't know if there's a name for your feelings, probably is since there's a name for everything, but you don't need the name to make your love of both genders legit. If people ask, just tell 'em "bi" and leave it that. Who cares that someone you may be with or want to be with doesn't meet all the "criteria" of your label. Better yet, just fucking go "I like who I like." :lol: 'Cause dude, at the end of day, all that means anything is who you're with, not what, you know? Don't rack your brain about it so much to the point where you start to feel lost and confuse and shit 'cause it doesn't have to be that deep.

I know I probably sound like a fucking hippy or something, but whatever I think I made a good point somewhere in there. Just focus on the guy, dude. You don't need to be correctly labeled before letting yourself be with him if you want to be with the guy. Yeah, that's my point, I think. Fucking live long and kiss whoever wants to kiss you. :grin:

4. SaxySaxGirl

Wow, thank you guys so much! I agree completely :slight_smile:

5. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm like you, except opposite; I can get attracted to girls, but not romantically. Since I'm not a fan of the one-night-stand lifestyle, I end up being labeled as exclusively gay.

6. karina

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dont try to label yourself. You are forcing yourself to "be someone". Follow your heart and follow where your feeling goes.