1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not really sure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kamina, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Kamina

So I'm not really sure where all of my questioning came from but suddenly it feels likes the gay hit me out of nowhere:bang:. A little less than a week ago I started to realise that I have feelings for women more than men, and so I started internet searching and came by empty closets by happen-stance. I also found lots of other info and if you asked me right now (and I was being completely honest) I would say that I'm lesbian or at least bi. But here's the thing, I've never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend even tho I'm 17, pretty sad I know. :eusa_doh:So anyways I'm not really sure if these feelings are a passing instance or wheather they are more...:help:

Here's what I know:
    I'm turned on by women much more than men right now :grin:
    I have always, for as long as I can remember, watched girls more than guys :icon_redf
    When all my friends were going through their crushes on fellow class mates and boybands I felt like it was an outsider because I never felt anyof that
    Whenever I tried to relate by "crushing" on a guy/boy band it felt awkward and forced:eusa_liar
    I still find some guys very attractive just not as often as I do women

I know I'm making lots of jokes but really any imput would be nice. I'm just really confused and I dont want to come out and then be like "whoops guys I made a mistake I'm straight". Maybe I'm overthinking it, maybe my anxiety is talking but I just wanted more imput.:help: Hopefully one of you guys has some advice for me!!
    Thanx! :thumbsup:

2. beyond confused

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's amazing, but you just described my situation when I was your age. I'm nineteen now. And I've had a few boyfriends since then. I think I was in denial because my parents raised me to be straight. I'm not from a religious family or anything, my parents just believe that you can be straight if you want to. I have since learned that it's not a choice. I still don't know if I'm straight or gay or bi. I haven't had a girlfriend. I haven't even kissed a girl. But there is a girl that I think about all the time. And every day I become more and more sure that I'm gay.
    I still think that I'm into guys, although, I would be more sure if I'm gay or bisexual, if I had more experience.
    I just wanted to say that you're not alone and that I'm glad I'm not alone. I have posted on a few sites, mainly because I feel like I can't talk to any of my friends.
    I guess with experience, all of your doubts will clear up. And don't come out of the closet until you're absolutely sure.
    Just hang in there.

3. vrrml

you seem to be in basically the exact same situation as me! i have now come to the conclusion that i am pretty sure i am gay, but if i told people that there is just no going back if i suddenly realized all the feelings were just something i made up. it feels somewhat like a vicious circle, as everyone on here seems to say that the best thing to do is to experiment, but i don't want to come out until i'm sure, and it is hard to "experiment" until i come out, especially as i'm not old enough to go to bars or anything.
    you just need to remember that there is plenty of time and no rush to come out and if you ever want to talk, i'm here.(*hug*)

4. cfoster59

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sounds like we're all in the same boat! I was raised as a conservative Christian and realized back in December that I didn't know what my sexual orientation was. A couple months later I developed a crush on one of my girl friends (and it's still going). But I still can't figure out what exactly I feel towards men. Some I feel nothing towards, other slightly anxious (not the good kind, may just be social anxiety), and some I feel downright threatened by (usually the douchey, jock type). Other than that, not a whole lot.

#4 cfoster59, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  5. Kamina

Thanx every one its awesome to find that I'm not alone with where I'm at, I was pretty anxious to post because from what I read everyone here seemed pretty sure or had known since they were a lot younger.

Beyond confused I kinda get where you are coming from with your parents except mine have always siad they are supportive of the LGBT community but then they say things in conversation that dont really echo that so I dont know where I stand there. They also act kinda awkward when I talk about my friend who's bi. Its also good to hear that you arebecoming more sure with age, hopefully the same will happen to me :icon_wink

Vrrml I totally get what you mean by it's hard to experiment without having some freedom to go meet people, I'm heading off to university in a year so I'm hoping I will have some freedom then.:icon_bigg

cfoster59 I feel anxious all the time but thats something else (GAD) but I get what you mean by threatened i've never really liked people who play mind games so anyone girl or guy who does that (usually the sporty jocky type - not being mean just my experience) makes me feel uncomfortable and threatened as I have no idea what they ar3 saying about me! :icon_sad:

I'm so glad that I posted here and thanx everyone for offering to talk maybe I'll get in touch sometime when I'm more or less confused depending on where it goes, I'm really happy to hear that there are others in the same boat as me :slight_smile:(*hug*) thanx guys!

6. smokey-knows-all

Your description of not getting crushes on people sounds exactly like what I went through. I've never really understood people chasing guys and whenever I've had a boyfriend they've been the one to ask me out because I'm never attracted to them

7. Kamina

Thegirlyoubroke lucky you've been asked out! Least you have experience! Lol ^.^ maybe I just radiate gay.

8. ashweewoohoo

ashweewoohoo Guest

I was in the same spot as you for a long time. I just came out to everyone, and I had never been with a girl. I'm 24 and from 18 to 22, I thought I was bi. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized I was just going with the social norm. Looking back at my middle and high school years, it was obvious that I wasnt into guys. I always had crushes on girls, I judt didnt realize at the tine that that's what it was. I was only recently with a girl for the first time. I came out before I was with her though. It took me two years after I realized I was a lesbian that I finally came out. It took me that long to really accept who I am. Just give yourself some time. I don't believe you have sleep with a woman in order to make yourself believe you're gay. If you feel like its something you need to try to know, then why not. However, I think if you know who you are and what you like, then go with it. There's no need to label yourself. If you know what you like then thats what you like. Be yourself! I was worried as well about coming out before I knew for sure, but I really thought about who I was attracted to, and what I wanted in a relationship, stuff like that, and I realized that I was indeed gay. There's just somethin about women...hehe. Good luck in finding yourself! You'll get there!