1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling bad

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Crow Crippler, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Crow Crippler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure where to start. I'll cut it short at the beginning to get to the point.

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm bisexual. When I was a lot younger (about 9 yrs old) I always talked about boys to my parents and friends and stuff because I thought that's what I was supposed to do. Deep down, I felt a much stronger emotion towards women but I didn't know what it was at the time.

After a couple years of that I told my mom "I think I might be bisexual" but I still had posters of boys all over my room. It didn't feel 'wrong' or anything so I don't know. When I fantasized I could never get off to boys unless I really, really tried. It was always girls but I still thought nothing of it. I forget when I started identifying as 'lesbian'.

This is really embarrassing but I'm questioning again after finding myself extremely aroused by... anime boys. :bang: I could never feel attracted to a real male but they are just so hot to me. If I'm about a 5-6 on the Kinsey scale, then why am I feeling like this at all? Is it because they're feminine? :icon_redf *dies in a corner*

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (*hug*) I know that feeling.
    I'll go through this point by point.

"When I was a lot younger (about 9 yrs old) I always talked about boys to my parents and friends and stuff because I thought that's what I was supposed to do. Deep down, I felt a much stronger emotion towards women but I didn't know what it was at the time."
    This describes me exactly as a child, but it's not reason enough on its own to be gay. You could simply be a really good friend, or you could be heterosexual without a strong romantic attraction to men.

"I still had posters of boys all over my room. It didn't feel 'wrong' or anything so I don't know."
    Now this is where you confuse me. Having posters of boys didn't feel wrong? If you could reply and clarify, that's be helpful.
    If this means what I think, and I could be wrong, you simply enjoy having posters of men, but not sexually or romantically. That's normal. If I were the poster type, I'd have a poster of Adele in my room because I like her singing, not because I'm attracted to her.

"This is really embarrassing but I'm questioning again after finding myself extremely aroused by... anime boys."
    That's not embarrassing, don't worry! I'm actually kind of aroused by anime girls and boys alike. I think they're just drawn androgynously, I mean, look at Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of America's more mainstream anime shows. If you go into photoshop and take out Katara's hair and put it on Aang, they appear to switch genders. The faces are just blank templates, really. This doesn't mean anything.