1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This didn't mean anything right?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MerBear, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so this girl taji ....liked me right? and well I didn't like her at all and i was NOT attracted to her at all and still am not but one day, she just randomly kissed me...
    Not like....a passionate kiss but like...she grabbed my face and pecked me on the lips...it was more of a smushed kiss ...whatever.....anyways, I have never kissed a girl and i don't count that as a kiss....but What i felt kind of confuses me.

when she did kiss me or whatever....I felt this jolt ...(that's how i describe it) in my stomach....and the whole first block of my class, my hands were shaking....I wasn't scared or anything....but ya know? my adrenaline was up....

I always assumed....that it was just because It took me by surprise.

Does this mean something? I don't like her and am not attracted to her in anyways, I just got that feeling when she did that

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like arousal, though not necessarily attraction. Naturally, her being a girl, it should feel more 'right' than if it had been a guy. It just sounds like you enjoyed the act itself, or at least were open to it, and your body responded accordingly.

3. MerBear

I mean, I must admit....when i was with guys....i would kiss them and feel nothing, ....and i would try so hard to feel that "spark" or whatever....and i never did.

Jolt is the only way i can describe it...it was like a sudden jolt...i don't know how else to describe it. It was a really quick peck on the lips.

what do you mean 'right'?
    I don't really remember exactly how i felt when i would kiss guys....all i can say is nothing right now

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I have no experience kissing men, so can't comment there, but I have heard many gays describe a *huge* difference in how making out felt with someone of the opposite sex and with someone of the same sex; 'natural' and 'right' come up as descriptors, often, like *this* is what a kiss should feel like.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you're asking this to determine whether you're a lesbian or not, or just to see where you stand with this person in particular. I'm guessing you enjoyed it on some level?

The spark you were looking for was right in front of you all along.

5. MerBear

I mean, it has to do with being lesbian....I know, that i've had crushes on girls and i'm kind of coming to my senses ..or terms with my sexuality though, its hard to accept
    (even though everyone would accept me)....

I guess, I'm just kind of trying to understand if my attraction to girls is real or not and i guess, i'm asking if that kiss tells me that.

Do you get what i mean?

6. Envira

Well, I've been through the same process (minus the kissing). I get it. I mean, honestly, it all comes down to what you make of it. If you've had crushes on other girls, then maybe you're lesbian, or bisexual. But just because you don't like her, or didn't, it doesn't mean that you aren't L/B, right? I mean, you don't have to be attracted to everyone of your gender or another gender. And I would say that you should experiment some more. I think that's probably what you need. Or look for other people who have had the same or similar experiences.
    Good luck! :slight_smile:

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, it sounds a lot like what I'm going through, too. I don't *have* to have experience with a guy to know that I'm attracted to them on some level, but it feels like something I must do before going crazy with the labeling and involvement. It's a lot more difficult when you have had little experience with either sex, and have raging male hormones that make it possible to get it up for anyone at 23.

Keep in mind that I've never questioned my sexuality until around one year ago, and am now barely coming to terms with the fact that I might not be entirely straight, that it's not merely bi-curiosity. I have my shitty days, feeling suicidal, anxious, and confused, and euphoric days, when I feel suddenly excited, hopeful, and relieved that I'm moving closer to the truth - whatever it may be.

It's different for everyone, there's no rush, and you have the rest of your life to do it, and millions who are willing to support you in your coming out. Very few people know with 100% accuracy the moment they're born, and it's rarely a quick, one-step journey for anyone. On a more positive note, you seem to be doing a lot better now than before.

8. MerBear

i questioned my sexuality when i was 15 because i had a crush on this girl.
    I THINK that aside from the crushes and all that....I just wanted to know, if that "jolt" in my stomach....means something....Not for that "particular" person but i guess for the gender.

I don't know how else to ask...its complicated...
    I just wanted to know if that jolt kind of shows that I truly do like girls...or if my attractions are real or not?

I mean, a part of me knows that i do like girls....and another part of me doesn't want to believe hence maybe why i'm asking the question....

would a straight girl feel that same jolt if she kissed another girl?

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    From what you've told us so far, I'm inclined to say yes, I think lesbian is definitely a possible choice. I won't say 'you are a lesbian without a doubt' because I know how it feels to be boxed in by others when you yourself are still questioning and in need of support instead of hasty, absolute judgments.

It could have been the kiss itself, it could have been the girl, it could have been the gender of the person, or any number of things. I'm saying many gay men and women describe their first kiss with the same sex as a revelation of sorts, even if it wasn't obvious at first.

And I'm not a straight girl, but I imagine a few might find it exciting, risky, novel, while others might feel "meh" about it and never give it a second thought.

I think you need to be easier on yourself, face the possibility of being into girls, and take that leap. I think it's the easiest and most effective way to know for sure; it you're straight, you'll know it's not for you, but if you're gay...

10. MerBear

I mean, I always say to myself "What if i just want to hear this?"

and i just recoil and i can't say "i like girls" proudly...I can't do it...I mean, I can acknowledge i like girks, i guess but i always want to find an excuse ...to say its not true.

and I know it could be a number of things, I guess....it was a first for me...since a girl has never kissed me but i dont consider that my first kiss even though, my body reacted the way it did.

when i first started questioning....I was asking "whats sexual attraction?" because i was completely clueless....i was like "how do i know if i'm sexually attracted to someone?"

and i was asking all these questions about attraction and stuff....and you would think, i wouldn't ask that if i liked guys....no...maybe i still would....i dont know..

I guess, i'm still trying to piece things together still

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You'll have to find a balance between moving forward at a healthy pace and deciding when to finally decide what works for you - you don't want to be that person who questions for life, do you?

Speaking from experience, don't put so much stock into your attractions, just keep going out and collecting experiences and everything should naturally fall into place, provided you're honest with yourself and continue seeking out support. It could take a day or it could take a decade, but you will come around to the truth.

These doubts, fears, and confusions will wreck you if you let them. Trust your own judgments and never let anyone else define you. You've acknowledged that you have same-sex attractions, and that's a start.

12. MerBear

well, some say constant questioning can be form of denial so it makes sense a little.
    i shouldn't put thought into attractions and all that. I was just saying, when i first starting question, i questioned almost every feeling i got around my crush katie and it was like I was new to this...like i never felt this feeling before....

i dont know if i can trust my own judgement or not. I just automatically recoil. I do acknowledge i have same sex attraction but i always try to find an excuse to say its not real or something.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, but now it's not so new, and I'm guessing these attractions are still with you... along with doubts.

One thing is clear: you're sure of your same-sex attractions, not as a phase or curiosity, but a part of you. It's been two years since you've started questioning? It seems long enough to me, but again, for some people it can take a life time.

Suppose you are a lesbian, without question. Then what? Does your life end? Do you stop being yourself? Will your community disown you? I think the moment you see lesbian and straight identities as equally valid and acceptable is the moment you can see with clarity and make a decision you're comfortable with. I also think many of us make a bigger deal out of it than many of those around us, even the ones we expect to react horribly.

You deserve some peace of mind after all the struggle you've been through so far. If you can't trust yourself, at least trust what I've told you so far, as someone in a similar position.

14. MerBear

I dont know.....i've come out to 3 people as "not straight" and they dont care. they accept me....and my dad said he would accept me and i know everyone else would but i can't.....i feel.....embarrassed...if i do tell someone.

i have trust issues by the way 0_o haha. i really do.

sorry, i keep making you reply to me

#14 MerBear, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So you've accepted that you're attracted to girls, that you're not straight, and have actually came out to a few people, while having 'lesbian' under your orientation. Don't you think these are all signs of progress? Give yourself a pat on the back, because there are many men and women who aren't this honest with themselves well into their fifties and sixties. Roadblocks are to be unexpected, since we live in a heterosexist society where everyone is expected to be straight until proven otherwise, and you're proving them wrong.

It gets better, coming out. Really, the more times you do it, the more natural it becomes, and the less awkward it feels. I came out to my therapist as 'questioning' and it honestly felt like a *huge* weight was lifted from my shoulders. He said he thinks I'm straight from what I've told him, but it felt great nonetheless.

Let's both make a pledge to keep telling others, at least until we magically discover we were really straight all along and end up taking it all back.

16. MerBear

yeah but i can't still talk about it openly why i like girls exclusively especially with my best friend
    (one that i've come out to) because even though she is lesbian herself, i still feel if i talk to her why i like girls, that she wont believe me.
    I am accepting it a little more but i still find myself recoiling and wanting it to be wrong.

My sister, she was like "we all know your lesbian" and i freaked out inside and she is the one who told me, i was going through a phase and for the longest time, i believed her.

and i guess we could pledge to that haha :slight_smile:

17. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you liked the kiss even though it was with someone you're not attracted to. She is a female, someone you're naturally drawn to, so your body is going to automatically respond in a positive way. Why are you so embarrassed to admit that you like women to other people? It's really no biggie nowadays, but I understand how difficult it is to accept yourself. It took me 6 years and I'm almost 27, so there's really no rush. How about you go out and meet some ladies around your age and get to know them. You never know who may find you attractive, but you have to put yourself out there. Stop trying to run away from your feelings because in the end, it isn't going to work.

#17 pinklov3ly, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're not completely comfortable saying 'Yes, I am a lesbian' yet, you could always say, 'What if I were?' or, 'Maybe, who knows?' or something similar. You're not confirming nor denying.

I find it slightly amusing that lesbian and bisexual women have a hard time convincing others their same-sex attractions are real, while for men, we have the 'one drop rule', where any thought, word, or act involving the same-sex automatically labels one as a homosexual. Plenty of gay men have *no* issue shamelessly labeling others as they see fit.

Again, you define you, not others.

19. MerBear

I know, I just....i guess, its scary.....and plus, i wanted to make a seperate thread but i dont want to waste on something on nothing. i dont even know if i'll ever get a girlfriend...i mean, there is a LGBT centre but i have to have someone drive me.

and i dont know, everyone is accepting of the LGBT and they would be accepting of me but i'm scared for no reason, it seems

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2013 at 09:23 PM ----------

Thank you :slight_smile:
    I should say that but whenever i try to say something different...i feel closed in and all weird and change the subject.

my dad always tries me to come out to me and its sad to see that because he wants me to not feel ...ashamed of it or anything but whenever he tries ...i just tell, i dont want to talk about it

20. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You've admitted it to yourself, mostly, which many consider the most difficult step. I'm sure once you tell a few, it'll be easy to come out to all and you'll wonder why you didn't sooner! Best of luck, and we're here if you need us. (!)