1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question:

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by phoenix42, Jun 21, 2013.

1. phoenix42

Ok, first off let me just say that, wow, it's been a while. I kinda needed a break cause things were getting a little crazy and I got scared. However, given that my situation has only gotten more depressing I'd really like to begin progressing along the path I've danced around for years.

That said, I'm looking for a therapist and was wondering if there was a certain degree required or level associated with a therapist that could write a referral letter for hormones in the future. I'm considering a few different options and didn't want to waste time with someone that couldn't help me in the future if that makes sense.

Hopefully I'll be back more, I just get scared and retreat back as I start to think of things moving forward. Everything seems overwhelming sometimes. However, I'm more determined now than ever!

Thanks to anyone that can help! <3

-edit-

just to clarify (I have lots of fluff in there that obscures my question) I was wondering if a therapist needs a certain degree to be able to write a recommendation letter. Such as, do they need to be a PHD or can they be a LCSW.

#1 phoenix42, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. suninthesky

That's herd to answer because the licensing systems might be different depending where you live. An LCSW should be able to write a letter, but it would do you good to make sure said LCSW has experience with TG patients.