1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mcgothamcity, Jun 25, 2013.

1. mcgothamcity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've always felt sexually attracted to girls, like I fantasized and masturbated about them. But whenever I had the chance to be in a relationship, I got scared and uncomfortable. I've never really had a strong attraction to anybody. A few days ago, I was spending the night at a friend's house, and we were sitting on the floor for a while. We decided to go to sleep. After a few minutes, he started moving closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I enjoyed it a lot. Ever since then, I've been fantasizing about him. I really like him and I think he's gay. What should I do? Am I gay?

2. Ashen

Is the fantasizing you do about him sexual in nature? Believe it or not there is a difference between sexuality and romantic attraction. It's a vast spectrum :slight_smile:

If you are sexually attracted to your friend, and like the prospect of being in a relationship with him, it's possible your a bisexual homoromantic (sexually attracted to both genders, romantically attracted to the same).

Either way, you've said you are sexually attracted to women also haven't you? So I wouldn't assume that means you're only gay...

3. Plutanan

Well, there's not much to go on, so I don't want to nudge you anywhere. Whether you're gay or bi, I don't know, but it seems you could be attracted to men. For me, it's hard to judge other people's feelings because we think so differently. However, I can relate to being uncomfortable when trying to enter a relationship with a woman (and still haven't yet but I think I'm close with a friend of mine). At the same time, I found it very easy to cuddle with a guy and enjoy it. I still consider myself bisexual.

In this situation, maybe you should tell him? Since you seem unsure about yourself, you don't have to come out as gay to him, but perhaps you could tell him your feelings about him. A good way to start (unless for some reason you don't think so) would be to bring up when he put his arms around your waist. See where that goes. Just be prepared if it turns out that he doesn't feel the same.

I don't know how much this helps. Maybe you could give more information to go off of?

4. Amerigo

my cousin used to cuddle me in his sleep and he's not gay at all.

5. mcgothamcity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My fantasies have been sexual and romantic. Hypothetically, if a situation were to arise in which we both revealed feelings for each other, I would probably ask him to be in a relationship.

6. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

That first line alone definitely makes you not gay. But a developing sexual interest in your one friend could mean you are bi.